Solved

How to change notification language in Impulse theme?

Louikka7678
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi, we are currently setting up our online shop with the Impulse theme in Germany. After some back and forth, we decided to do everything in English. Actually, all settings are already set to English. Only the notifications still appear in German. Do I really have to change this in the Liquid Code, or can I solve this more easily with a setting change? I have already used the Translate app and set the settings to international, or European Union, where everything should actually appear in English. Nevertheless, the notifications are not translated into English. You can also see in the code that it has German instructions. Thank you 

louisa

Accepted Solution (1)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
632 91 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Louikka7678 , now that your store default language is English, you can revert notifications to the default English ones here (Settings > Notifications > (individual notification, e.g. Order Confirmation > Edit code - then down at the bottom:

richbrown_staff_0-1681412643756.png

Thanks, Rich

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
632 91 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Louikka7678 , now that your store default language is English, you can revert notifications to the default English ones here (Settings > Notifications > (individual notification, e.g. Order Confirmation > Edit code - then down at the bottom:

richbrown_staff_0-1681412643756.png

Thanks, Rich

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
632 91 155

@Louikka7678 where you've said:

"I have already used the Translate app and set the settings to international, or European Union, where everything should actually appear in English."

This sounds like you might have done custom market content; if you don't want to have different notifications in different markets in one language (e.g. a different notification for USA vs UK in English) then you may want to remove these overrides. Happy to follow up if this doesn't make sense.

Xidzwo
Visitor
1 0 0

im facing Similar issue.

Happy Mod

Transcy
Shopify Partner
285 19 83

Hello @Louikka7678 ,

To change the language of the notifications, you will need to edit the Liquid code of your Impulse theme. You can try to do this:

• Go to Online Store -> theme -> actions -> edit code
  • Go to Templates folder -> locate the file that corresponds to the notification you want to change
  • Look for the text that you want to change and replace it with the English version.
  • Save and test

Hope this can work for you.

Transcy

Transcy - The #1 Translation and Currency Converter
- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Get in touch with us: App Store | Blog