How to translate the theme settings for matching navigation names to Menu - Focal Theme

freelancegerman
Shopify Partner
71 5 13

Hello,

we are using focal theme and contact already the support because we have the problem, that the Megamenu Settings are not working for the other languages.

Main Language is German and looks great:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-08 um 23.12.05.png

For other Languages is not looking as we espectated:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-08 um 23.10.15.png

Here is the Feedback from the FOCAL-Theme Support from Maestroo:
The mega-menu works by matching the theme setting (the "Menu item" setting) with the name of the menu. This means that this mapping must also match a translated theme. You have most likely translated your menu already, but you will also need to translate the actual theme settings so that it matches.

I recommend that you reach the app developers of the translation app you are using so they can guide you on how to translate theme settings. Though I'd like to help you further with this, this is outside the control of our theme as the English version of the store is controlled by the translation app including menus.

We are using Translate & Adapt to translate the shop. It will be great if someone can help us to identify the section we need to find and translate. We need to have the same look of megamenu for other languages.

We have already translate the Navigation Section

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-09 um 23.34.42.png

Thanks in Advance

Replies 3 (3)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 158

Hi @freelancegerman , translating theme settings isn't something that is natively offered by Translate & Adapt - they're settings, not text. I think you'll need to go back to Maestroo and have them tell you exactly which string needs to be translated, with an example. We can then help you find it. I exported that translations CSV (Settings > Languages > Export) - this store has a big one - but couldn't see anything obvious; all your LINK and ONLINE_STORE_MENU strings are translated already. You'll need some more support from their end I'm afraid, the behaviour here is non standard. In other themes such as free Shopify themes you'd just translate all LINK and ONLINE_STORE_MENU strings and it will work fine. Sorry to not be able to be more help yet 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

freelancegerman
Shopify Partner
71 5 13

Hello Rich,

thanks for your feedback. I forwared your answerd to the FOCAL-Theme-Maeestro-Support and hope to find a solution for this Problem.

I will give you feedback.

Kind regards

freelancegerman
Shopify Partner
71 5 13

Hey Rich,

the maeestroo support helped us with the issue:

Hi,

the second "shop" in this case was "STORE" while the mega-menu would only recognize the world "Shop". I have replaced this and now the megamenu is properly showing on the other languages.
We are still having problems with Spanish in this issue. But we are waiting for feedback.

It will be great if shopify implement a better way to know how the translation can be mapped to the settings.

Thanks in Advance

Kind regards