Solved

Multilanguage shop including multilanguage blog

lujuhu
Visitor
2 0 0

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an e-commerce site with all its content translated to different languages including the blog.

Examples of products:

mysite.com/producto-a

mysite.com/de/produkt-a

Examples of blog posts:

mysite.com/mi-blog-post

mysite.com/de/mein-logbeitrag

Accepted Solution (1)
richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
603 87 145

This is an accepted solution.

Translations are not created in real time no. Translations are created in the app. If your goal is to use machine translations on your store, have you gone to the app (Apps > Translate & Adapt) and run 'Auto-translate' - button in the top right, for the language you want? The language also needs to be paired with a market (Settings > Languages > French (e.g.) > More actions > Manage markets and languages). To be live on your store it also needs to be published, but you can preview it before it's published.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
603 87 145

Hi @lujuhu - you can translate almost anything on a store using Translate & Adapt. There are some exceptions, but can you tell me if there is something that you are trying to translate but can't? Thanks

lujuhu
Visitor
2 0 0

Are these translations created in real time when I click in the languages drop down?

I noticed that in some pages created with shopify, the urls of the content are not changing even if the language does. How does this affect to SEO?

Do you recommend to create all languages under the same domain or create every language under a new shopify intallation?

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
603 87 145

This is an accepted solution.

Translations are not created in real time no. Translations are created in the app. If your goal is to use machine translations on your store, have you gone to the app (Apps > Translate & Adapt) and run 'Auto-translate' - button in the top right, for the language you want? The language also needs to be paired with a market (Settings > Languages > French (e.g.) > More actions > Manage markets and languages). To be live on your store it also needs to be published, but you can preview it before it's published.