Please help! metafield json data cannot be translated
I tried to use Translate & Adapt to automatically translate the product metafield json (I will give a concrete example of the data), but I found that it doesn't work.
1. Does Translate & Adapt support automatic translation of metafield json?
2. if Translate & Adapt doesn't know, can I use python program outside of shopify to translate my data in bulk. Translation wise I am my solution, now I want to know how I can export this metafield json data to CSV automatically, and import the translated data to the store via CSV format again.
3. If the idea of 2 does not work, do you have a solution for it?
This is an example, I use this json to store my product descriptions for different sku, by rewriting the code, I will read the corresponding product descriptions from this metafield json data for rendering when I switch between sku.
Hello @richee_2023 ,
For your questions:
1. No, Shopify Translate and Adapt doesn't support metafield JSON.
2. Yes, you can use Python program to translate the data outside of Shopify.
To export the metafield JSON data to CSV, you can use the Shopify API to retrieve the data and convert it to a CSV file. Here are the general steps:
To import the translated data back into Shopify, you can use the Shopify API to update the metafield data for your objects. Here are the general steps:
Hope our answer can help you out.
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023