Hello, I have a problem (probably a bug) with Translate & Adapt. I had installed the application and had Italian (the default language), English, and French available. Everything was working perfectly. Due to necessity, however, I had to uninstall the application to try another one that also modified links. So, I removed it, tried other apps but I didn't find what I was looking for. So, I decided to reinstall the app "Translate & Adapt", only now it translates only one language. It tells me that the automatic translation limit has been exceeded. But when I go for automatic translation in French, it tells me that there is still one automatic translation I can perform. I wanted to ask you why this malfunction is happening and, if possible, to delete all the files from the backend produced by Translate & Adapt in order to reset it. Of course, I would also like to know what these files to delete/modify are. Thank you!
Hi @raffaelebatori , we'll get your auto-translate languages reset. It's not something you can edit I'm afraid.
You mentioned you were looking for an app 'that also modified links' - could you explain more about what you were aiming to do? Thanks, Rich
Hi @richbrown_staff , thank you for the response! I meant that in addition to everything else, I also wanted to translate the URLs into English and French.
Has Translate & Adapt been reset instead?
Thank you @richbrown_staff very much for your response. Let me know if you need any access or information in order to be able to delete past translations and "start the translations from scratch". I would be very grateful if you could help us quickly because by doing so, you would allow us to finally go online with our website as we need it to be multilingual. Moreover, one solution we have thought of to change the URL so that the handle is in English is to massively upload translations of the handles using the GOOGLETRANSLATE function in Google Sheets, or use similar tools.
Hi @raffaelebatori . I can now provide an update.
- The alert you got saying "Il limite di traduzione automatica è stato superato." means that your store has exceeded the total number of characters that can be auto-translated with Translate & Adapt. That limit is 100,000,000 characters per year. This limit exists because Shopify is using Google Translate and it is charged.
- All is not lost. To restore the French translations you had previously, they were sent to you via email on 13th July and/or 14th July. The title will be "Export of your deleted French translations" (though it may have been sent in Italian) sent by email@example.com. You can download the CSV(s) from the link on that email and import, to restore your French translations. This will get you back to where you were.
- As you've hit the limit for this year, you won't be able to auto-translate further with Translate & Adapt (though you can make unlimited manual edits). However you absolutely can use other methods.
1) You can use a compatible 3rd party app. Any of these can see and edit the same translations as Translate & Adapt because they use the Translations API. So you can build on what you already have.
2) You can use the languages CSV (Settings > Languages > Export) and then use the =GOOGLETRANSLATE function in Google Sheets, then re-export the CSV and upload. However note that this will not work for fields marked body_html in column C as these contain HTML tags which do not work with =GOOGLETRANSLATE. You'll need to delete all of these rows first. This is the same method as you'd use to translate bulks URLs - see here.
Apologies for early confusion on resetting the languages - I had thought that the error message was one about reaching the limit of number of languages to auto-translate (2) rather than characters.
Hope that helps, best wishes,
Firstly @richbrown_staff , I'd like to express my gratitude for your prompt response.
As per your guidance, I revisited the emails where the previously made translations were dispatched. Upon inspection, I've discovered that the column labeled "translated content" within the CSV files attached in these emails is empty.
My hypothesis is that the original translations may have been eradicated by us inadvertently before the 13th or 14th of July. To provide a bit of background, we were exploring different options and thus, we uninstalled and reinstalled the Shopify application several times with a view of testing out various third-party applications.
Consequently, the translations requiring export on the 13th or 14th of July might already have been enduring the fallout of the translation issues, particularly relating to the character limit constraints you touched upon.
My question is, considering we removed the Shopify app from our system a few days prior without first deleting the designated language settings, is it a possible outcome that Shopify may not have sent the CSV file? Specifically, I'm referring to the CSV file that contained all the translations we had meticulously carried out prior to this.
To clarify, the absence of this CSV file makes it appear as though we haven't made any translations, which is causing confusion. I hope I've managed to clearly articulate our unique situation and I look forward to your advice. Once again, I extend my sincerest thanks for your assistance in advance.
I am having the same issue the auto correct button is gone missing. but i do not see the limit warning. any suggestion ont what might be the problem?
Auto correct = auto translate here? If you're on the app home page, is it possible that you are looking at the default language? If you're in the editor, is it possible that you are currently in the 'adapting a market' language context, e.g. 'Adapting English for the United Kingdom'? A screenshot helps. Thanks
Hiya, I regularly check new questions here on the forum but am not support (I helped design Translate & Adapt) so please open up a question on the forum if there's a new usability issue or bug you've come across, or otherwise support will be able to help you out; here in the app 👍:
Hello, I've talked with support but it does not really works. They told me that if i make default language to hungarian it will remain as we manually edited but it is not true. How could we change english to hungarian as default language but made the manually translated hungarian remain in the main hungarian language?
Make the shift from discounts to donations, and witness your business not only thrive fina...By Holly Dec 4, 2023
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023