Solved

Translate and adapt inherits Langify translations

andromedamoto
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

We recently changed our template and took the opportunity to use Translate and Adapt. It was a surprise to see that Translate and Adapt had taken all the translations we had done in Langify for the posts, pages, meta (obviously not for what had been edited with the old template)..

Now I have a question:

If I delete Langify will those translations be kept in Translate and Adapt. I am very afraid that they will be deleted.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
632 91 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @andromedamoto , if you use a Translations API compliant app (one of these: https://apps.shopify.com/collections/apps-for-store-languages) then the translations are saved to Shopify, not locally in the app, enabling you to use any of the apps interchangeably. There are some features Langify has, such as custom content, which saves content outside of the API, broadly you should expect to see the same content in each. Deleting Langify will not delete your translations, no. Only custom content, if you use that feature. In the same way, deleting Translate & Adapt will not delete your translations.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
632 91 155

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @andromedamoto , if you use a Translations API compliant app (one of these: https://apps.shopify.com/collections/apps-for-store-languages) then the translations are saved to Shopify, not locally in the app, enabling you to use any of the apps interchangeably. There are some features Langify has, such as custom content, which saves content outside of the API, broadly you should expect to see the same content in each. Deleting Langify will not delete your translations, no. Only custom content, if you use that feature. In the same way, deleting Translate & Adapt will not delete your translations.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

andromedamoto
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you very much @richbrown_staff. This solves my doubt 😊👍