Solved

Translate and Adapt Product Type and More Filters

adamzog
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi there,

We're suffering an issue when using Translate and Adapt to translate from English to Chinese.

We have managed to use Translate and Adapt to translate most of our site apart from:

Product search / filter left column
- Product type (individual types)
- More filters (individual filters)

Product view

- Product type (individual types)

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Adam

Accepted Solution (1)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 157

This is an accepted solution.

Hi all, some good news: as of today both custom filter labels and custom filter values / filters from Search & Discovery app are translatable. More here. Please try, and feed back with any issues! Rich

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 157

Hey @adamzog , sorry to hear you've run into a limitation. Please let me know the store either here or by DM, but I believe it's likely the case that it's because product types are not currently a translatable resource, and filter translations are not showing due to Shopify platform level constraints that are being worked on. There may be a workaround, which is to translate in the front end with a 3P app. Rich

adamzog
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Rich, thank you for your reply!

This is the site we're working on- https://neotoys-7085.myshopify.com/collections/all-products

Understood about the APP, I think we can use it as a last resort, however, is there a fix where we can translate in the CSS?

adamzog
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Rich, just wondered if there was any update on the above?

Thanks,

Adam

thomthomthom
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Adam, I just saw your website, what solutions did you apply for this issue? Thanks

Username9
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Richbrown! 
Is there any news about the filters translations within translate & adapt app ? 
These are 2 apps from shopify. Do you plan to integrate these together soon ? 

Thanks for your help!

-----
A translator that needs help

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 157

This is an accepted solution.

Hi all, some good news: as of today both custom filter labels and custom filter values / filters from Search & Discovery app are translatable. More here. Please try, and feed back with any issues! Rich

jflottawa
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Staff!

I looked at the documented link and can see the filter names as localizable, but I can't see how to localize (if at all possible) the values.

I have a filter for the Product Type, which appears in English but doesn't appear at all in French. Is the "Product Type" filter excluded from this functionality?

Thanks!

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 157

Hi @jflottawa , yes unfortunately Product Type is not currently available. This is being looked at but the Search & Discovery team. Would a metafield workaround work for you?

jflottawa
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you,

Unfortunately, I would have to do double data entry for each product.
Hopefully this is something that is extended soon.
LanCol
Visitor
2 0 0

Could it be possible to make the "product_type" string field translatable by means of a GraphQL mutation just like the "title" and the "body_html" string fields?

olehsmirnov
Visitor
1 0 0

Still waiting for this feature, any news about it?

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 157

Hi @olehsmirnov , what feature are you waiting for?

Custom filters are now translatable 

Product type is now translatable

Thanks, Rich

sublimina
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

I only see the filter label in Translate & Adapt. I don't see any of the filter values. Do I have to do something to make them translatable?