Any Speed Optimization tips for my website?

Shivam97
Trailblazer
165 0 63

Hi,

URL - www.portronics.com

Please suggest me improvement.

Replies 4 (4)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Shivam97.

Thanks for reaching out.

You have a lovely store! I would be more than happy to provide some suggestions for improving your online store speed. My first recommendation is to remove the unwanted or unused applications from the store, if find yourself no longer using the app features. If you have an application that is added to the store but not being used, it can still be added to the coding of the theme and affect the loading of the online store. You can disable the applications or remove it from the store.

Secondly, you can make some minimal changes to the store to improve the loading time. To avoid downloading a new font to your customer's computer, you can use a system font that is already installed on most computers. If you are interested in changing your homepage font, you can do so through the Theme Editor. Once you are in the theme editor, you can make your way to the Theme Settings. I took an screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

06-59-47386-29760

You can then select Typography to make changes to the font:

06-00-26105-56504

Lastly, since the homepage has a lot of images that have been added. Another way to improve the online store speed is to slightly reduce the quality of the images. We have an awesome article that covers Image Optimization: 10 Must Know Image Optimization Tips that goes into great detail about reducing the file size of your images as much as possible without sacrificing quality.

Let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @Shivam97

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and there's some notice I have when checking your site speed. Here's the results of your page speed checked on PageSpeed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.portronics.com%2F&tab=... . The score on Desktop is 57, but on Mobile, it only scores 19 so here's some of my suggestions to improve your site.

1. Remove all unnecessary CSS code, this might come from your theme code. You can contact Theme Provider to see if there's anything they can do to minimize the theme code.

PageFly_0-1628616147180.png

2. Minify all your images to reduce their weight to your pages. Recommended ones are JPG, PNG, JPEG and you can run it through some image compression tool to reduce its size as well. 

PageFly_1-1628616295841.png

3. You can try Lazy Loading as well to reduce loading time all at once. PageFly do offer this feature as default when building page. 

Updating Media

So I hope that these are somewhat helpful for you in improving your site speed. you can also check out this article on Page Speed optimization . If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hello @Shivam97 ,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Yes , I am also seeing website speed is very slow. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed we need to work on the following points:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize long main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app
- Avoid an excessive DOM size
- Avoid Large Layouts Shift
- Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!
Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

Get rid of the slider and the code that goes with it, they hurt conversions and load times. 

And then remove all the links to the social media sites, they hurt conversions and load times.