Automatic core web vitals improvement

speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hi folks,

As you must have heard, Google is coming up with a new algorithm update that will use site speed as a ranking factor.

To help merchants resolve performance issues with their themes, we have built a new app called 'Core Web Vitals Booster'. This app creates a copy of your current theme and optimizes it in the following ways:

• Adds critical CSS
  • Lazy loads unused CSS
  • Defers Javascript automatically
  • Optimizes images and resizes them according to viewer's screen size

Optimization results in an improved core web vitals score without any code changes on your store.

This app was approved today but we have kept it unlisted while we build our documentation and onboarding. 

If any of you are interested in taking it for a spin, please reply here and I'll send you a link. 

Here are some screenshots of the app:

Thanks!

Replies 18 (18)

oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
242 29 129

I'm curious to test this, and would be happy to give feedback.

Available for freelance. I specialize in speed improvement and theme development.
https://www.upwork.com/fl/orionholmes

You can also contact me directly if you prefer.
speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

Thanks. I sent you a message with app details.

zerozenecostore
Excursionist
36 1 20

Would also be interested in this app, already have lazy load will it effect the one I use? Thanks 

The small changes we make today, make greater changes for our future.
speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

@zerozenecostore sent  you the app details. If you are using image lazy load, that should be fine. App has option to enable / disable image lazyload.

Helen_Briggs
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Did you try it out? I have 75 Poor Mobile URLs and I don't know why. Mobile only, desktop is ok. In my search Console for Google it's reporting this. Just wondered 

speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

@Helen_Briggs We can test the app on your store if you are open to it. It is designed to improve mobile speed scores and resolve core web vitals issues from search console.

speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

Thanks all for your interest and early feedback. After initial testing, we have decided to focus on optimizing store speed by intelligently loading 3rd party scripts. This improves page speed scores by at least 20 points and in most cases, 40+ points.

Our app is now open to everyone. Please check https://apps.shopify.com/core-web-vitals-booster. We are keeping the app FREE forever for the first 100 users.

We plan to periodically release new features that boost store speed even further.

Helen_Briggs
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Great idea.. I have a programmer speeding up my site now but will definitely look at this later on if I am still getting poor mobile results. So many ppl need this but many won't even know it, that's the only problem. If they don't use Google Search Console they won't know. Nice one, and thanks.

maddie_teez
Shopify Partner
29 1 2

Hi I would love to give this a go! our current site is running extremely low. If you could send the link through that would be great! Are there any reviews on how it has been working

speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

@maddie_teez Check out https://apps.shopify.com/core-web-vitals-booster. This app is now live on the app store. 

Tim_G
Visitor
1 0 0

I would love to test this on a few sites I work on!

Natvral
Visitor
3 0 0

¡Hola, me encantaría probar esto!. ¡Si pudiera enviar el enlace a través de eso, sería genial! 

Rustic
Visitor
1 0 0

is this still available - all of a sudden all my pages are failing core web vitals and I am freaking out - help please

speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

@Rustic App is now paid, but there is a 7 day free trial available to see if it will help your store. Please check https://apps.shopify.com/core-web-vitals-booster

kub
Pathfinder
118 2 43

Hi . I installed your app but i can't see anu improvement. Uninstalling removes all code or do i need to doi it manually?

speedien-chris
Excursionist
23 0 4

@kub Please send your store url to the support and we'll speed up.

kub
Pathfinder
118 2 43
No. I sent the url to chris but no reply

Ahsanbudhani
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi, can you share the details?