Banners slow loading - THEME EXPANSE How can I incrase speed?

Mromat
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hello, I have problem with my first banner on home page.

There is 2 or more second till the pictures will appear. I made even smaller filers to test it. Its the same even when files are 20 kb size.  The same time is when i use one picture than two in carusel

Is there any way to make instant show banner pictures like other sites have? What is my issue?

My shop: https://policzona-szama.pl/

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1402 124 373

The delay you're seeing is the time to load the plugin.

Couple solutions:

1) Rather than doing a carousel / banner plugin, just show a single image, coded directly into your theme without loading a plugin.

2) If you insist on using a banner to show multiple images, you could code it custom without using a 3rd party plugin, this would be faster, for example if I were coding a banner like that I would have the first image show instantly, then lazy load the other images in the carousel.

3) It's possible that the plugin has code + is reliant on a 3rd party library, like jquery. Some theme developers load libraries or scripts further down the page to appease scores in performance analysis tools, but the negative affect is a slower peceived loading time. If this is the case in your theme you can experiment with not deferring those scripts that need to load the banner.

If you need help with any of these solutions contact my team at speedboostr.com/contact. We do stuff like this all the time.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
Mromat
Excursionist
15 0 4

Banners come from Theme Expanse. any details about second solution to make instant show first pic?

I wrote to your page

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1402 124 373

Yes, have the image load right away instead of waiting for the plugin to load, or if it's wrapped in a plugin that has to generate all the banner code at first, you could put an image there and then hide it when the banner loads. If you custom code it anything is doable. 

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
alexleetoo17
1 0 0

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same issue. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
lucas05021
Excursionist
78 0 8

Have you solved this problem now?

0 Likes