Can I remove fbevents.js to speed up my online store?

mwangdawg
Excursionist
12 0 5

anyone know what fbevents.js  is as seen in the pic and if removing it is fine because i want to speed my store up. 

mwangdawg_0-1675052784597.png

Replies 2 (2)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15897 2378 3084

@mwangdawg ,

It is a third-party app for the Facebook app. It is the 3rd party js file, as you can not remove it. If you remove then the app may not work. 

oscprofessional_0-1675071457731.png

You can refer this article :

https://www.oscprofessionals.com/blog/shopify-speed-optimization-reduce-impact-of-third-party-code/

You can solve other optimization issues.

• Theme Upgrade if there is a scope and upgraded theme available
  • Reduce JS Payload.
  • Use Critical CSS.
  • Replace GIFs With Static Images
  • Reduce Large Image Sizes
  • Migrate Tracking Codes To Google Tag Manager
  • Compress Images
  • Limit Third-Party JavaScript & Shopify Apps
  • Preload Web Fonts. 
  • I would suggest limiting to one and using a standard web font.

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve.

For more details please check the link below. 

https://www.oscprofessionals.com/blog/shopify-speed-optimization-guide/

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing | Oscp Upsell & Cross sell App : Free | Oscp Sales & Volume Discount App : Free | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 537

Hello @mwangdawg,

I am Gina from flareAI app, and I am here to provide assistance.

fbevents.js is a JavaScript library used by Facebook to track and measure conversions on websites that use Facebook Pixel. Facebook Pixel is a piece of code that you add to your website that tracks user behavior and allows you to track conversions and build custom audiences for future advertising.

Removing fbevents.js may improve the load speed of your store, but it will also disable the tracking and measurement capabilities provided by Facebook Pixel. If you rely on this data for your business, it may not be a good idea to remove it.

Here are some other steps you can take to improve the speed of your Shopify store:

1. Optimize images: Large, unoptimized images can slow down your store. Compress images and use appropriate file formats to reduce their size. Use a tool like TinyJPG 

2. Minimize the use of apps: Every app you add to your store can slow it down, so only use the ones that are essential to your business.

3. Always choose a theme that is responsive, fast, and takes minimal time to load the page.
If you choose a theme with numerous sliders, fancy animations, advanced navigation systems, etc., will affect your page speed. If your theme is loading slow, consider disabling the theme features you don't need.

4. Minify CSS, JavaScript and HTML: Minification removes unnecessary characters, such as whitespace and comments, from your code, reducing the size of the files and improving the loading speed.

5. Minimize HTTP requests: Every time a page loads, it makes multiple requests for various elements such as images, scripts, and stylesheets. Minimizing these requests can help reduce the time it takes for a page to load.

6. Use a fast, reliable hosting service: A good hosting service can provide faster loading speeds and better reliability.

It's important to note that optimizing your store for speed is an ongoing process and requires continuous monitoring and tuning. You can use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to measure your store's current performance and to find areas for improvement.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing