Solved

Can someone help me with my site speed? Empire theme, about 300k products, lots of content

829Tuning
Visitor
3 0 1

Hello everybody,

I have been working on my site 829Tuning.com for about 3 years now and have run into wall after wall after wall.  I started fresh on an empire theme about a month ago, and had a developer working on my filtering as this has turned into a massive issue.  I just came across Ultimate search and filter by SoBooster, has anyone had luck with this application?  Im looking to use a year make model search to filter car parts on the site.  The application would work with or without the filters from the YMM but I need to filter by individual tiers and put multiple collections in each tier.  Is this doable?  aAnd will it crush site speed?

Outside of that my speed score is 13.  What is the best application to run to optimize all of the images?  And what else can I do to get this thing working properly?  I had around 50 at one point, which isnt great, but its not 13 either.  I know I have a massive inventory and there is fitment data so essentially, some products have multiples for each car they fit similar to a variant.  I know nothing about building a site but after 2 solid years of upwork absolutely getting over on me, I need some help guys.  I'm about $10,000 in and not really made a functioning sale yet.  I pushed one through with a link to the part to make myself feel better about it lol

Accepted Solution (1)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3056

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @829Tuning

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and there's some notice I have when checking your site speed. Here's the results of your page speed checked on PageSpeed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=829Tuning.com&tab=desktop .The score on Desktop is 30, and Mobile is 20. That tells your store needs a lot of modifications t improve the speed. so here's some of my suggestions to improve your site.

1. Remove all unnecessary CSS code, this might come from your theme code. You can contact Theme Provider to see if there's anything they can do to minimize the theme code.

PageFly_0-1629477220423.png

2. Delete any unused third party apps. These are the 2 main sources that take up most of your store that eventually will affect the page speed.

PageFly_1-1629477335272.png

3. You can try Lazy Loading as well to reduce loading time all at once. PageFly do offer this feature as default when building page. 

PageFly_2-1629477345450.png

So I hope that these are somewhat helpful for you in improving your site speed. you can also check out this article on Page Speed optimization . If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3056

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @829Tuning

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and there's some notice I have when checking your site speed. Here's the results of your page speed checked on PageSpeed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=829Tuning.com&tab=desktop .The score on Desktop is 30, and Mobile is 20. That tells your store needs a lot of modifications t improve the speed. so here's some of my suggestions to improve your site.

1. Remove all unnecessary CSS code, this might come from your theme code. You can contact Theme Provider to see if there's anything they can do to minimize the theme code.

PageFly_0-1629477220423.png

2. Delete any unused third party apps. These are the 2 main sources that take up most of your store that eventually will affect the page speed.

PageFly_1-1629477335272.png

3. You can try Lazy Loading as well to reduce loading time all at once. PageFly do offer this feature as default when building page. 

PageFly_2-1629477345450.png

So I hope that these are somewhat helpful for you in improving your site speed. you can also check out this article on Page Speed optimization . If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25
​Every div, space, line, comma, and mark adds weight to the code.
And your code is a mess, I wouldn’t not only not add anything else until the code is straightened out but I would start removing stuff.
Your website takes 3.4 seconds for the first content paint and you need that to me at .3 because at .5 Google saw a 20% drop in searches.
And Google said it needs to be under 1 seconds and if its over two Google will limit the number of crawlers that send to your site.
The largest content paint is in 8.3 seconds so this site is getting a penalty because Google wants it fully loaded in under 2 seconds.
You’ve got 207 HTML coding errors and 52 CSS coding error with 589 warnings.
You’ve got content coming from 18 Different domains.
  • 28085 DOM elements.
  • 7 duplicated IDs
  • 4331 Rules
  • 130 Colors
  • 11 Similar colors
  • 38 Breakpoints
  • 97 Duplicated selectors
  • 19 Duplicated properties
  • Uses !important 725 times
Your code is a mess and adding more to it is just going to make things worse.
What kind of traffic, conversions, and customers are you getting?
Use this tool to check your image sizes and get an idea of how much they can be reduced.
829Tuning
Visitor
3 0 1

IS this something you can help me with?  If so shoot me an email at 829Auto@gmail.com