Cleverjump request slowing site down

crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

My store seems to be really slow due to the fact a request is being made to a site called cleverjump? It can slow my site down to the point where it can take up to 6 seconds for a page to load. 

crashbandicoot_0-1615140199013.png

Here's my full page speed analyser report: https://www.webpagetest.org/result/210307_AiF2_73e17193380c22e0e670bf0c7ccbb1ad/1/details/#waterfall...

I can see that there is a counter.js script but I can't find it anywhere in my shopify theme files? 

Replies 3 (3)

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @crashbandicoot,

It looks like cleverjump.org is only being called on product pages. Also, the counter.js script is being loaded from the cleverjump website. That's why you can't find it within your code.
I have a few thoughts that might be able to help us find out where this issue is coming from:

• Do you/Did you have any apps installed that handle variant images for your products?
  • Do you/Did you have any apps installed that are specific to product pages?

This is likely from a 3rd party app. We just need to narrow down which one and can go from there.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

Hi Johncodes,

Thanks for your reply. I actually found out that the cleverjump/counter.js script was being initiated by a script in my theme.liquid file (themera.js). When I removed that line, there were no more requests to cleverjump, so that issue has been solved.

While we're here, I would love your thoughts on some speed optimisations if you have any. My site is www.homeofficelife.co.uk.

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @crashbandicoot,

I ran your site through the Shopify Analyzer (free tool our team built for the Shopify community). You can view your report at analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fwjxbdwjop.

It looks like your site could benefit from a few different optimizations:

• Minifying some local files so that they execute faster.
  • Fixing some oversized images
  • Improving lazy loading

Those are recommendations specifically for your home page. I encourage you to also run an analysis on your collection and product pages to see what other optimizations might be possible.

If you'd like, feel free to reach out to us at speedboostr.com/contact for any help. If you'd like to handle the optimizations in-house, we have a guide: How To Optimize a Shopify Site: Complete Guide To Faster Load Speed.

Hope this helps!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)