Solved

Different tools give me different problems on how to fix my store's speed

Jarnovl
Excursionist
28 0 7

Hi,

When I use PageSpeed Insights, it tells me that there are some render blocking issues. This means that I need to inline my critical CSS if I'm right? 

When I use webpagetest.org it tells me the problem has something to do with my cache settings. 

I am at the point that I really don't know what I can do anymore to fix my sites speed. I am not running many apps etc and optimized images as much as I can. 

My URL is www.moteevatedapparel.com

Can someone take a look at my site and tell me what you think? I would love to know more ways on how I can speed up my site.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

Simranjeet
Shopify Partner
79 9 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Jarnovl,

Looks like you tried few apps, remember even when you remove them, the code can still be there and slow down the store speed. Here are the main opportunities I saw to improve your site speed :-

1. Try to use responsive banner images for the small screen users especially the second image(pvo).

2. One of the app you installed from socialhead is causing the rendering blocking(quite speed expensive), try either deferring it or remove if it is not critical.

Thanks 

Sim
Shopify Developer & Solutions Expert

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

Honestly your site speed is fine.

Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the elements that page testing tools flag are essential for your site to function properly. Don't wrap your head around this stuff.

This pagespeed thing is really getting out of hand lately. It reminds of W3 Markup validation years ago.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

Simranjeet
Shopify Partner
79 9 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Jarnovl,

Looks like you tried few apps, remember even when you remove them, the code can still be there and slow down the store speed. Here are the main opportunities I saw to improve your site speed :-

1. Try to use responsive banner images for the small screen users especially the second image(pvo).

2. One of the app you installed from socialhead is causing the rendering blocking(quite speed expensive), try either deferring it or remove if it is not critical.

Thanks 

Sim
Shopify Developer & Solutions Expert
Jarnovl
Excursionist
28 0 7

Thanks to both of you, really appreciate your help.

I will work on it and I hope it will help.

Thanks again!

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 588

Hi @Jarnovl, I wouldn't worry about the WPT cache warning, that's common if you use apps - you can't control the cache setting on those (and may not want to even if you could), so you can safely ignore that warning.

For optimizations specifically for Shopify sites, you can use the Shopify Analyzer - it's a free app my team built for the Shopify community to identify what can and should be optimized on a Shopify site. There are links in the warnings to free guides and resources with the recommendations.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks