HELP! I can't figure out why some of my product pages won't load... "page unresponsive" error!

jasmineg13
Tourist
7 0 2

I'm new to this so bear with me. I recently launched a site and discovered that some of my product pages are failing to load and produce an error message ("page unresponsive").

This only happens on some product pages, and only on my website (browsing through other online shops works very quickly, so my internet connection is fine).

I've also tested my site on a private browser on my phone and my pages are still failing to load. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? And how I can fix it? 

Here's the main site: https://lushleafplants.com/

Here's an example of a failing page: https://lushleafplants.com/products/fern-lemon-button?_pos=1&_sid=0aeff697f&_ss=r

Thank you so much for your time and help on this!! I'm feeling very lost and REALLY appreciate it! 

FYI: I'm using a plant store theme I purchased called Alpant

Reply 1 (1)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi Jasmineg13,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issues you’re having with loading certain product pages. I understand starting and setting up a store can be quite a task. Not to worry as we are here to help you. You mentioned the product page Fern Lemon Button does not load for you on different browsers and devices. Thank you for providing a link to this page for better visibility. 

I troubleshooted this page https://lushleafplants.com/products/fern-lemon-button?_pos=1&_sid=0aeff697f&_ss=r  and was able to load on a desktop, incognito window and a mobile device.

There are a few other troubleshooting steps I’ll share below to help resolve this issue:

• Try a different web browser, as well as windows to rule out any browser issues. 
  • Try disabling browser extensions as these can change how the pages look. 
  • Ensure that your web browser is up to date .
  • Try on the Shopify Mobile app as this is usually the best step to try and it also rules out device issues.
  • Try another internet connection (switching to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi, for example)
  • Making sure you do not have any firewalls or pop up blockers enabled on the device as these can interfere. 

Another option is to try previewing your store on a different theme or a fresh Shopify theme to see if the product pages load correctly. You can do this by selecting a theme from within your Theme Library. First head over to your Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes section. Within the Theme Library, select Actions > Preview next to the theme of your choice. This step can help rule out if it is a theme issue. I’ll share a resource from our help center on how to preview your theme. Were there any other product pages that are displaying the unresponsive error message? 

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog