Help Optimizing My Site (Score is 20)

Blaine
Excursionist
60 0 7

Hi, my site has a page speed score of 20 right now. I have 5 animated webgl planes that I thought were the main culprit. However, after removing them, I didn’t notice much of a difference. So, I put them back on. I’m using the Streamline theme with Quick Shop disabled. Any advice on what I can do to optimize? I did as much as I could when reviewing GTmetrix, as far as I know. The site seems fast on mobile and slow on desktop too. https://www.killyourgod.net

I should also mention that I don’t have many apps active. I just did a fresh install after a new update for the theme was released too.

Replies 8 (8)

Blaine
Excursionist
60 0 7

There was a small change that had to be made, that the theme's developer fixed for free.
My score is now 74.
Any suggestions based on what's still low?

Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-1.26.05-PM.jpg

Not applicable

Hi Blaine,

Aibek is here from Growavelabs agency: https://growavelabs.com/

You have done a beautiful store with interesting products. 

After our brief analyze of your store, I found that you have a lot JS files that not used and reduce your speed. Your process of rendering is overwhelmed because of this useless JS files. Your home page is massive, 4,51 MB. 

Our agency make free optimization for the Shopify stores, like yours. If you're interested 

You just need to fill out this form: https://mailchi.mp/f33da12dcb76/optimize-my-website 

And our agency will help you with this speed store optimization. 

What do you think? 
MickF
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Blaine,

Nice work on getting your score to 70! I was just on your website and thought it was pretty quick. I was first time user too so that bodes well. Did you manage to make improvements to get past 70? 

I'm currently on a score of 20 now too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Mick

SANDD
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the exact same issue with my store (turbo theme from out of the sandbox). I am using very few apps and none of them seem to be the cause of slowing. My score is 20 as well and I have already compressed images, etc. and the problem seems to just be additional unused code (just like everyone is telling you). So I am curious how you got your speed score up to 74 more specifically. I would be happy with that for now because it seems we are losing quite a bit of customers due to these slow speeds. 

AJDesigns
Visitor
2 0 0

I am glad this came up. I am having the same issue with my score being 23. Any help please?

Not applicable

Hi @AJDesigns and @SANDD 

Aibek is here from Growavelabs, recently we've worked with @Blaine and optimized his store. 

If you want, we can help you too. Feel free to reach me out here: hello@growavelabs.com 

Best Regards,

Aibek

Oakleafinfoway
Shopify Partner
313 6 19

Hello @Blaine 

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

This is Jay from Oakleaf Infoway. As I'm sure many of you well know, page speed has become a factor for ranking in the search engines. That's why if you're investing lots of time and money into getting the rankings you deserve, you shouldn't be blowing it by having a slow website.

Longer load times have also been shown to negatively affect conversions.

“Our Aim” is to optimize the website speed up to 90% in any device. It’s helpful to the visitor who visits on your website and spends much time without annoyed.

Drop your reply and get a minimum one time cost.

Happy Sending,

Team, *Oakleaf Infoway*
- Was my reply helpful? Please *Like* and *Accept* Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact us on Skype: live:.cid.2ca82125d1edaa5f/
Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hello @Blaine ,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed we need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minified.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing