Help with deleting code. I think.

Cmas
Tourist
3 0 1

I am trying to increase my score speed.  I have made a few changes, ones I understood how to fix and increased my score from 21 to 34.  I went through some of the reds today and it has a google doubleclick ads and fonts.  If they are not needed, where can I find them to get rid of them?  Thanks.

Replies 4 (4)

Amit_Roznak1
Shopify Partner
244 4 29

Hi @Cmas,

If you'll provide the report or the store URL, I might be a better help. However, I'm pretty sure Google fonts are taken from an external file, so it might be that you're extracting fonts to your code that you are not using. But from my experience, the impact on your speed in this case is insignificant.

In most cases, what helps to increase the website speed is optimizing images and removing unnecessary JS files. 

AdScale is the best way to advertise on Facebook & Google because we use the power of your store data (that they don’t have) to run highly targeted ads and get an average ROAS of 10X.
Cmas
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you!

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 588

@Cmas you can usually find fonts and 3rd party scripts in your theme.liquid file (in theme editor > Layouts).

Give that a good read, even if you don't fully understand the code, if you read it line by line you can probably pick up the 3rd party resources you don't need, and identify fonts.

Make sure you duplicate your live theme first, then work off the new theme and preview it after making edits, to make sure nothing gets screwed up on the live site in case you accidentally alter something that's needed.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
Cmas
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you!