Solved

How long does it take for the Speed Score to reflect after making changes?

LSAccounting
Trailblazer
183 1 22

I have deleted some apps etc. that according to the analytics were disturbing the web speed score. The score has not changed - How long do I have to wait for an accurate score to pop up? I am guessing the web has to recalculate or?

By L&S Team
Accepted Solution (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LSAccounting,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with site speed, to ensure this gets resolved. 

As you have already made some adjustments to the shop to help improve its overall speed, I would recommend allowing for a minimum of 48 hours to pass before re-testing. This will allow for those changes to reflect within the storefront and generate a new score.

In the case you have waited roughly 48 hours and don't see a change in score, I would recommend attempting the following if you have not already: 

• Theme customizations: When you edit or customize themes, file sizes can increase and affect your store speed. If you have a heavily customized theme, this may be something to take into consideration. 
  •  Image sizes: The larger the image size and the more videos and slideshows you display, the longer it will take to load. We also have a great blog article with 10 Must Know Image Optimization Tips
  • The end-user/customer browser, device, and internet connection: This is something you won't have control over of course, but it is good to keep in mind. 

Additionally, I recommend checking out our Improving Your Online Speed Score document as it touches on a few more tips and suggestions. If you are using a Free Shopify Theme, we may be able to investigate further to provide basic performance improvements. You can learn more about the support available, in our Support For Themes document. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LSAccounting,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with site speed, to ensure this gets resolved. 

As you have already made some adjustments to the shop to help improve its overall speed, I would recommend allowing for a minimum of 48 hours to pass before re-testing. This will allow for those changes to reflect within the storefront and generate a new score.

In the case you have waited roughly 48 hours and don't see a change in score, I would recommend attempting the following if you have not already: 

• Theme customizations: When you edit or customize themes, file sizes can increase and affect your store speed. If you have a heavily customized theme, this may be something to take into consideration. 
  •  Image sizes: The larger the image size and the more videos and slideshows you display, the longer it will take to load. We also have a great blog article with 10 Must Know Image Optimization Tips
  • The end-user/customer browser, device, and internet connection: This is something you won't have control over of course, but it is good to keep in mind. 

Additionally, I recommend checking out our Improving Your Online Speed Score document as it touches on a few more tips and suggestions. If you are using a Free Shopify Theme, we may be able to investigate further to provide basic performance improvements. You can learn more about the support available, in our Support For Themes document. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LSAccounting
Trailblazer
183 1 22

@Blair 

Thank you!

By L&S Team

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @LSAccounting,

It's flareAI - your Fully Automated Free Sales Machine here. We are helping Shopify merchants providing solutions for the last few years in Shopify Community.

If helpful, please consider Like and Accept solution.

Try from another browser or incognito (private) window also to make sure it is not a cache problem.

Removing all unused apps is really important in increasing store speed. However, there are a few more factors that may affect the speed.

The faster your site is, the more users you are likely to convert.

1. Image compression is important and a necessity for faster loading web pages. Make sure your images are of good quality and do not add too many images on a single page.
2. Reduce the HTTP requests. For example: Combine & inline your CSS scripts
3. Minimize broken links and redirects - Avoid unnecessary Redirects and fix broken links
4. Always choose a theme that is responsive, fast, and takes minimal time to load the page
If you choose a theme with numerous sliders, fancy animations, advanced navigation systems, etc., will affect your page speed. If your theme is loading slow, consider disabling the theme features you don't need.
5. Don't add too many images on a page
Adding too many images on a page can be frustrating. It can significantly slow the load time of your website. Also, it can overwhelm visitors, which will ultimately result in a poor user experience, a high bounce rate, and a high probability of lower rankings in relative search results.
6. To reduce the initial load time, you can use Lazyload technique
7. Replace GIFs with static images
8. You can run the Shopify Theme Inspector for Chrome to identify the lines of code that are slowing down pages in your online store.
9. Removing unused app code is a best practice that avoids running code for unused features and makes your theme code easier to read.
10. Use minified CSS and JS files

If your website takes longer than 3 seconds to load, 40% of your traffic will be lost. Speed will affect Google indexing. When your customers search on Google, your product can be found only if your page is indexed. flareAI helps to get your new products found on Google. Get sales from Google and 20+ world's largest free sales channels with, Single click start!

If you found the answer helpful consider supporting the Shopify Community by giving it a Like + Accept the solution.

Gina
flareAI

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing