Solved

How can I improve my store's mobile speed?

Mareka
Trailblazer
232 2 39

Hi,

According to the store speed report for my store, the mobile speed report is quite woeful compared to the desktop report.  I am not tech savvy at all so when I look at the report, I have no idea what it all means. I looked at hiring an expert but the prices are well beyond my budget. Any advice please would be welcome.

www.treasureknot.com

Accepted Solution (1)
oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
244 29 129

This is an accepted solution.

It's up to you as a store owner to decide what  content you need and what apps you need, and what pagespeed score your comfortable with. 

Its simple logic, the more content on your page, the longer it'll take to load. Each app you add generates a bunch of things to function, every section you add on a page adds more code.

If your store is doing fine, then maybe you don't need to worry about pagespeed. 

Alot has to do you with where your target audience is from, if most are from a country with good internet, I wouldn't worry about pagespeed too much. 

Available for freelance. I specialize in speed improvement and theme development.
https://www.upwork.com/fl/orionholmes

You can also contact me directly if you prefer.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
244 29 129

Hi. There a few improvements that need coding, but the most impactful can be made without coding. 

If you want to increase your rating, you'll want to remove plugins and reduce the amount of content on your page.

If you remove the background image behind that first block of text, that should decrease Largest Contentful Paint time. 

Available for freelance. I specialize in speed improvement and theme development.

Mareka
Trailblazer
232 2 39

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

So, I am totally confused now.  I keep reading that more content and photos/images are vital to a store. When you say plug ins I guess you mean added apps to add features to your store which again is also highly recommended. I am sorry but I just do not understand.

oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
244 29 129

This is an accepted solution.

It's up to you as a store owner to decide what  content you need and what apps you need, and what pagespeed score your comfortable with. 

Its simple logic, the more content on your page, the longer it'll take to load. Each app you add generates a bunch of things to function, every section you add on a page adds more code.

If your store is doing fine, then maybe you don't need to worry about pagespeed. 

Alot has to do you with where your target audience is from, if most are from a country with good internet, I wouldn't worry about pagespeed too much. 

Mareka
Trailblazer
232 2 39

Ok, thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.