How can I boost my website's load speed?

ReplicaBands
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea for how I could increase my website load speed. My Shopify speed rating has been 27 for months...

This is my website: Apple Watch Bands.

Speed TestSpeed Test

Replies 2 (2)

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @ReplicaBands 

Your Shopify Speed Score is based on Google's Lighthouse engine, which takes various factors into account when calculating your score, not just page speed. In fact, you could have a low score and still have a very fast-performing website. We have an article that goes into greater detail: Shopify Speed Tool Analysis + How to Make Your Site Faster

It's also worth mentioning that we work on a ton of Shopify sites and the average Speed Score we come across ranges between 15-30, so you're in the upper range of that.

I ran your site through the Shopify Analyzer (our free analysis tool), and it looks like you could benefit from reducing your hidden images and eliminating a 404 error. You can view your report here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fxhyl3slk5. While those are some smaller optimizations you can do, they likely won't have a big impact on your score.

I also ran your homepage through Page Speed Insights, for a second opinion, and your mobile and desktop scores are 94 and 98, respectively. These are insanely high for Shopify sites, so that's really awesome!

I wouldn't worry too much about your Speed Score since it looks like your site is performing and scoring well on a few other reliable analysis tools.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3055

Hi @ReplicaBands ,

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and there's some notice I have when checking your site speed. Here are the results of your page speed checked on PageSpeed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.replicabands.com.au%2F

Mobile

On mobile, the score is quite good, 75, but there are some main things you should notice below:

• Remove unused JavaScript and CSS code to reduce bytes consumed by network activity. The 2 main sources that eventually will affect the page speed comes from Shopify and Carouse Widget. So, you can reach out to Shopify Support and the third-party app or the developer to define what can be minimized or removed in your theme code.

PageFly_0-1622342389213.png

• Optimized images load faster and consume less cellular data. You should use the image resize tool online to do this, this will not change your images but your site will be so much lighter and the loading speed will be faster. Here are the images that you will need to optimize it:

PageFly_1-1622342808250.png

•  Change the image format. There are two images on your website is using JPG format, so we recommend you should use the next-gen image formats like JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, and WebP that have superior compression and quality characteristics. It means that your image on your website will load faster and consume less cellular data.

PageFly_2-1622343248871.png

Desktop

On desktop, the score of your website is higher. The main problem is the unused JavaScript code of Shopify that the same problem with the result of mobile. So I think your website will be more perfect if you can fix this problem.

Finally, you can try Lazy Loading as well to reduce loading time all at once, and  PageFly does offer this feature as default when building a page. 

Above are my recommendations for your store and generally, your website is powerful and fast with a quite high loading speed on the tool, just minor edits to become perfect. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.