Improve Website

Ulitc
Visitor
2 0 2

I have some issue about my website's loading time 

How to reduce unused scripts and CSS and optimize video and images 

Ulitc_0-1715936268980.pngUlitc_1-1715936281780.pngUlitc_2-1715936295900.png

can someone help me to improve our website?

Replies 3 (3)

Sweet_Savior_3
Shopify Partner
1255 99 123

Hello @Ulitc 

Welcome to Shopify Community.

To improve the site speed you have to remove unused CSS and JS. And have to use optimized images.

So you will need a dev. Let me know if you need one.

Thanks

Don't forget to like and accept the solution to help others store owners.
Looking for an expert or Have any queries ? Send query to the Inbox
Coffee Tip ? Pay to shopify.dev.34@gmail.com
From Less To Further !!!

SAN_MSWEB
Shopify Expert
1123 134 141

Hello,

I am San from MS Web Designer.

Here are the steps that you can take improve the website speed.

Theme Audit: Start by auditing your theme files to identify unused scripts and CSS. Review your theme's files, including JavaScript files, CSS files, and Liquid templates, to find any code that is not being utilized.

Minification and Concatenation: Minify and concatenate your CSS and JavaScript files to reduce file sizes and improve load times.

App Management: Review and optimize the apps you have installed on your Shopify store. Some apps may inject additional scripts or CSS into your store, which can affect performance.

Regular Maintenance: Make it a habit to regularly review and optimize your Shopify theme and assets. Remove any unused code, optimize images, and update scripts and stylesheets as needed to ensure optimal performance.

Do let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,

San

If it’s helpful to you, please mark it as a solution.  

Need Help with Shopify Design, Migration, Speed, or Custom tasks?  
email: hi@mswebdesigner.com
Try Our Conversion Booster app to get more sales | Connect Our Founder Linkedin

Mathew01
Tourist
3 1 1

Hi @Ulitc , here is how you can do it.

Unused JS and CSS
There can be two scenarios for unused JS and CSS:
1- You have created multiple JS and CSS files for every single page of your site, but the problem is you are including all the JS and CSS files on every page.

You need to use only relevant JS and CSS files on all the pages and remove rest of the files from there and include them to their relevant pages.

2- If you still face the issue after removing the irrelevant files, now you need to check your JS and CSS files (that are mentioned in the report). They might include some CSS or JS that is no longer being used in styling your site, you need to remove that piece of code.

Optimize Images:

To optimize your images, you need to reduce the size and use them in Google's recommended format(webp). To do so, you can use these tools https://cloudconvert.com/, https://tinyjpg.com/ and https://imageresizer.com/.
I have been using these techniques for a long time now and they really work, here is one of them its a  blog showing statistics on average salary in Malta.

This page also includes many images and I optimized them the same way I explained above to reduce its load speed.

Mathew
E-commerce Enthusiast | User Experience Advocate
"Always learning, always sharing"