Online store performance and site speed optimization
Just hoping for some recommendations on where to start. Here are the details from PageSpeed:
Most ecommerce sites score low with that tool, it's common if you're using 3rd party apps especially. Info about that here: https://speedboostr.com/google-psi-for-shopify.
Few tips to help guide your performance optimization quest:
1) Focus first on what you can reasonably optimize on a Shopify site. To see that, run your site through the Shopify Analyzer. That's a free tool my team built for the Shopify community - the scoring and recommendations are based on over 1,000 Shopify sites we've optimized.
You can use that in tandem with our free guide to optimize your site: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-optimization. If you have a developer share that with them. If you don't have a developer on the team, you should still be able to perform some of the optimizations yourself. We try to make it easy 🙂
2) After optimization, test your site on a slow connection. If you still feel it's too slow, you can look at either removing apps (not recommended if they're generating revenue) or invest in hardcoding store facing apps (integrate the feature directly into your theme code instead of relying on 3rd party resources).
4) "Render Blocking Resources" can be misleading. It's good to defer resources that aren't critical to page load to the end of the page. But the challenge with a template site with 3rd party resources is that you can shoot yourself in the foot by deferring a resource you thought wasn't needed, but then actually is. You also can't control this if apps are loading the resources in the head (which often is by design).
For this one, I recommend loading any non-critical resources at the end of the page, but make sure you test thoroughly before publishing your theme.
You can implement techniques to load only the resources needed to render above the fold content, in the head... but again this is a time (or money) expensive process that also generates maintenance any time you change your site or sometimes install a new app. Usually not worth the ROI unless you're doing massive traffic volumes.
There are many factors that slow down the page speed.
For the unused CSS and JS, you can check what you are using and what is not used.
Shopify themes include various features to customize for the client's usage. Therefore, there can be some unnecessary CSS/JS in your theme files.
Also, I found that you are using a Vimeo player in your store and it can slow down the loading speed.
Try to lazyload it and it will help you increase the speed.
Hello @JeffYVH ,
You need to work on your website performance’s speed. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.
In order to Improve website speed we need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minified.
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app
By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
@JeffYVH I hope you were able to solve your speed issues, if not the recommendations I gave will help you out.
I want to give a quick heads up on the recent poster, @oscprofessional - they've been caught stealing and breaking Shopify terms of service on multiple occasions. (Details here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-partners-caught-stealing/#copyright-osc).
I assume you don't want criminals having access to your business / data, I know I wouldn't.
If my team's not a good fit and you still need help, you can also check the Shopify Experts directory - Anyone can be a Shopify Partner, but to get the Shopify Expert badge is more difficult, there's a vetting process to ensure quality and ethics.
Good luck on the speed and overall store success.
We're excited to announce improvements to the threaded messaging experience in our communi...By TyW May 31, 2023
Thank you to everyone who participated in our AMA with Klaviyo. It was great to see so man...By Jacqui May 30, 2023
Photo by Marco Verch Sales channels on Shopify are various platforms where you can sell...By Ollie May 25, 2023