Solved

Improving Speed on Website - checked google insights

Primroseliving
Excursionist
29 0 10

Hi Everyone! 

I've noticed recently that my shop speed has been going down, almost daily. I've run the page speed insights on Google, and think I can find the problem(s). The only problem is, I have no idea how exactly to fix it! 

Would anyone be able to help with my fixing the below, or advising me where to look? Thank you! 🙂 

My site is: www.primrose-living.co.uk 

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 15.54.57.png

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 15.54.16.png

Accepted Solution (1)

eStoreSpeed
Explorer
43 6 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Primroseliving,

From having a look at your website https://primrose-living.co.uk/ it seems you are lazy loading the banner images (see screenshot below). It is not necessary to lazy load these images because they are above the fold (appear in the users viewport when they visit the page) and need to load straight away. 

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 18.53.52.png

As a result of lazy loading these images you are loading these large images twice, which further delays load time (see screenshot below) 

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 18.48.56.png

You should remove the lazy load class from these banner images. The images can be further optimised by being appropriately sized. But you should definitely fix this lazy loading. Especially because the homepage is the most viewed page on a website.

Best,

eStoreSpeedOptimization

Subscribe to Shopify speed improvement newsletter (we never spam)
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Primroseliving 

I ran another Page Speed Insights (PSI) scan of your homepage and it's scoring really well (55-60 on mobile). For reference, we typically see Shopify stores score in the range of 10-30. So your website is scoring well above average.

Based on the report, it doesn't look like much could be done to greatly optimize your site any further. I'd just make sure to avoid installing too many apps (doesn't look like you have many installed) and if you uninstall any, you want to ensure the app's code is actually removed from your theme. A lot of times, uninstalled app code will remain in your theme even after the app has been removed.

Shopify sites tend to score badly on Google's PSI tool. That's just the nature of using the platform. We have a few articles you can check out if you'd like to learn more:

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
Primroseliving
Excursionist
29 0 10

Hi John, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to look and assist me, I really appreciate it! I'll certainly look into those links also for the future 🙂 

Many Thanks, 

Charlotte 

eStoreSpeed
Explorer
43 6 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Primroseliving,

From having a look at your website https://primrose-living.co.uk/ it seems you are lazy loading the banner images (see screenshot below). It is not necessary to lazy load these images because they are above the fold (appear in the users viewport when they visit the page) and need to load straight away. 

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 18.53.52.png

As a result of lazy loading these images you are loading these large images twice, which further delays load time (see screenshot below) 

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 18.48.56.png

You should remove the lazy load class from these banner images. The images can be further optimised by being appropriately sized. But you should definitely fix this lazy loading. Especially because the homepage is the most viewed page on a website.

Best,

eStoreSpeedOptimization

Subscribe to Shopify speed improvement newsletter (we never spam)
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
maddie_teez
Shopify Partner
29 1 2

Hey is there any chance you could have a look at our website? Message me privately & I'll give you a bit more background. Cheers!

stevesmith
Visitor
2 0 0

The speed of your website can be improved by getting a good hosting from a good hosting provider and you can get the best node js hosting here.

Asif3
Shopify Expert
6 0 1

Hi
I can boost any store speed to 80+ for mobiles and 90+ for the desktop at Google page speed insights and can get you an A grade at GTmetrix. I have proven my skills, just check the reports below.
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/organichemp.com/UBBjNx16/

mobile.pngdesktop.png

What's app contact details: +923369940553
Email: ali.asif55@gmail.com

Asif