Online store performance and site speed optimization
Join us March 21 for an AMA on planning your 2023 marketing budget with 2H Media co-owners, Matt and Aron
Hey there, my shopify website keeps crashing on mobile and does not load correctly. I believe this issue happened when I switched to a different theme yesterday and then reverted back to the original one. We launched a new collection yesterday which is not accessible to users via mobile so your assistance is appreciated.
Hello @nazsidd ,
We are OneCommerce - an eCommerce Solution Platform.
We checked your site and seems like you're using a theme not responsive to both desktop and mobile. In this case, we suggest a few things that may troubleshoot your issue:
Hope this is work for you. It'd encourage us to dig in and support more if you can hit the Like button or mark our reply as Accepted Solution for us.
Get know us at: Website | Blog | FAQ | Contact us
I am Gina from flareAI app, and I am here to support you.
It sounds like you're experiencing a theme compatibility issue that was triggered when you switched to a different theme and then back to your original one.
Here are a few steps that may help resolve the issue:
1. Clear your cache
Clearing the cache on your device and browser can help resolve compatibility issues.
2. Disable customizations
If you have made any customizations to your theme, try disabling them temporarily to see if they are causing the issue.
3. Re-install the original theme
Uninstalling and reinstalling the original theme can resolve compatibility issues and restore your website to its original state.
If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, contact Shopify support for further assistance. They can help diagnose the issue and provide a solution.
Also, I did a speed test for your site on mobile using Lighthouse and noticed the store speed is only 24.
Improving the speed of your Shopify store on mobile devices can be achieved by following these steps:
1. Compress images: Large images can slow down your store, so make sure to compress them before uploading.
2. Minimize the use of apps: Too many apps can slow down your store, so only use the ones that are essential for your business.
3. Optimize your theme: Choose a lightweight theme and make sure it's optimized for mobile devices.
4. Minimize HTTP requests: Reducing the number of HTTP requests can significantly improve your store's speed.
5. Enable lazy loading: Lazy loading allows images to load as the user scrolls down the page, reducing the number of images that need to be loaded at once.
6. Use AMP: AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is an open-source project that helps improve the performance of mobile websites.
7. Monitor your store's performance: Use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix to monitor your store's performance and identify areas that need improvement.
By following these steps, you can significantly improve the speed of your Shopify store on mobile devices and provide a better user experience for your customers.
I hope these steps help you resolve the speed issue with your Shopify website.
Thanks to all Community members that participated in our inaugural 2 week AMA on the new E...By Jacqui Mar 10, 2023
Upskill and stand out with the new Shopify Foundations Certification programBy SarahF_Shopify Mar 6, 2023
One of the key components to running a successful online business is having clear and co...By Ollie Mar 6, 2023