Why is my Fastor theme on Shopify running slow?

Hello11
Visitor
3 0 0

Please i need help with .. and my theme not any developer can support.. 

fastor theme and I don’t know why its that’s slow

Replies 6 (6)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @Hello11 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd be happy to look into this for you. First, I'd like to clarify a couple things:

1. Are you referring to the online speed score feature built in Shopify? If so, what was the score?

2. Are all areas of your website loading slowly or a particular one (Homepage, collections, products, etc.)? 

3. What is the name of the theme you are currently using?

In the meantime, I recommend going through our guide on improving your online store speed to get the most out of your website. There are several actionable steps that you can take in that guide to improve your speed.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hello11
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello thanks for replaying 

in google test my store is to low 29 for mobile 4G

Homepage is slow..and checkout page.. but products its going good

i used fastor theme witch must to be speed theme

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

I see! I would recommend using Shopify's online store speed report as well to get accurate page speed insights. With that said, I'd be happy to offer some tips on how you can optimize your website for page speed.

Many of these changes relate to the quality of your Shopify theme, so it is important to choose a well-built theme (whether it is custom or purchased from our theme store) that follows our theme best practices

• Optimize your images
    Images are often the largest size assets on your page. Ensure they are optimized to reduce page size.
  • Choose the correct file format
    Use JPGs for most images, including photographs and complex images, for a compressed but visually appealing image. Shopify automatically compresses your JPG images for you through our compression algorithm. Use PNGs sparingly as it is a lossless format (which causes a larger file size), but can be useful for images that require transparencies or highly graphical images (such as an app screenshot). For small graphics such as buttons or icons, GIFs or SVGs (a scalable vector-graphic) can be useful.
  • Upload correct image sizes

Oversized images take longer to load, so it’s important that you keep your images as small as possible. Be sure to crop your images to the correct size. For instance, if the space for an image is 300px wide, resize the image to that width.

• Reduce the number of apps, plug-ins, and scripts

These slow your site, create a larger security footprint, and often cause crashes and other technical difficulties. Deactivate, delete, or remove any unnecessary apps, plug-ins or tracking scripts. Try selectively uninstalling problem apps, then measuring page load time. This way you can identify any that harm your site speed.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hello11
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello again Dirk 

i delete around 5 banners .. and around 30 items pictures but the score speeb its being 24 after the delete is it normal..?

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @Hello11

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and there are many reasons behind a page that's loading slow. Here's some the aspects you should look into to increase your store speed. 

1. Remove all unnecessary CSS code, this might come from your theme code. You can contact Theme Provider to see if there's anything they can do to minimize the theme code. 
  2. Minify all your images to reduce their weight to your pages. Recommended ones are JPG, PNG, JPEG and you can run it through some image compression tool to reduce its size as well. 
  3. Delete any unused third party apps. These are the 2 main sources that take up most of your store that eventually will affect the page speed. 
  4. You can try Lazy Loading as well to reduce loading time all at once. PageFly do offer this feature as default when building page. 

PageFly_0-1631353069286.png

So I hope that these are somewhat helpful for you in improving your site speed. you can also check out this article on Page Speed optimization  . If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

Not applicable

Hi @Hello11 

Aibek is here from Speedimize.io agency. 

We have launched our app, which can help you to increase the speed score of your store. 

Check out here: https://apps.shopify.com/speedimize 

Hope that helps you.