Removing app codes from liquid files

Cemal84
Visitor
2 0 0

We tried a lot of apps from App Store and removed them. But codes pieces left our liqued files. We want to remove these codes. Because of codes left Our site performance become too low. Can not reach theme support. Is there any one to help us

Cemal

Replies 4 (4)

Wahab_Ahmad
Shopify Partner
773 114 200

Hello @Cemal84,

How many apps have you uninstalled from the Shopify store?

Regards,

Wahab Ahmad 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Chat on WhatsApp .
Feel free to contact me Email : wahabahmadghori@gmail.com |
Buy Me A Coffee
Cemal84
Visitor
2 0 0

Nearly 30 or more

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 587

You can probably find most of the old app code in your theme.liquid layout file.

Other common areas you might find extra code:

- cart.liquid
- collection.liquid
- product.liquid

Those are the main template files, so you'll want to check there then trace the included snippets as well for a thorough check.

If you'd like a professional to handle it, we have an App Analysis service here: speedboostr.com/services that addresses this.

We see this quite often, with leftover app code. It's because after deleting an app from your Shopify store, access is removed so the app cannot clean up after itself.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Not applicable

Hi Cemal84, 

Aibek is here from Growavelabs Agency: https://growavelabs.com/

I think we can help you with this problem.

We can analyze and make speed optimization for you. For free. 

You just need to fill out this form: https://mailchi.mp/f33da12dcb76/optimize-my-website

Or you can email us with all details regarding your shop here:  hello@growavelabs.com

Hope to talk with you soon.