Solved

Shopify Expert Speed Optimization with "Malicious Code"

THEIMPRINT
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello all,

I have recently hired a Shopify Experts to improve my page speed. This request is sent through the link on Shopify to multiple Shopify Experts. 

However, late last week, another expert send a message to us saying that the job is done with a "malicious code" and may harm our website performance.

Thus, I would like to check if this is true and should I revert back to my old code. Thank you!

Attachment: 
Chat from the other Shopify Experts

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 3.51.41 PM.pngScreenshot_83.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Not applicable

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @THEIMPRINT 

We've investigated your store and here is our response. 

There is no malicious code, that for sure for 100%. 

It's a code that helps your store to put delays on JS files and postpone the downloading of not vital elements of your store. 

There is no SCAM and it's not breaking any rules, it only helps you to sort internal processes. 

Shopify expert with such approach and undermining work of other, truly not professional and it's better to avoid them. 

Kind Regards,

Aibek

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Not applicable

Hi @THEIMPRINT 

Aibek is here from Speedimize.io 

It's really difficult to say from scratch because the code on this screenshot is scrypted, can you please share the URL of your store and we can investigate this and share our thoughts. 

Now, there is a lot of "Speed experts" in market, so please make sure that you're working with trusted agency or expert. 

THEIMPRINT
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @Anonymous 

Thank you for the input. 

Our website is www.theimprint.sg

Thank you! 

Not applicable

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @THEIMPRINT 

We've investigated your store and here is our response. 

There is no malicious code, that for sure for 100%. 

It's a code that helps your store to put delays on JS files and postpone the downloading of not vital elements of your store. 

There is no SCAM and it's not breaking any rules, it only helps you to sort internal processes. 

Shopify expert with such approach and undermining work of other, truly not professional and it's better to avoid them. 

Kind Regards,

Aibek

THEIMPRINT
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @Anonymous 

Truly appreciate your help and affirmation. I can finally put this issue aside. 

We will also bring this up with Shopify. It is very unethical, especially as a Shopify Expert, to undermine other's work and trick users like us into their services. 

Once again thank you for your input and have a great week ahead! 🙂 

Not applicable

Thank you so much!

By the way, we have launched our new app that helps merchants like you to increase their page Speed. 

You can check our app here: https://apps.shopify.com/speedimize and it's free. 

Hope that you will like it.