Shopify Server Speed Different Plans

Solved
AndreCamm
2 0 0

Hi, we are interested to know if the Advanced Shopify Plan uses faster servers than the standard Shopify Plan ($79/Month). In other words would upgrading to the Advanced Plan speed up our website?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Hilary
Community Moderator
538 77 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @AndreCamm !

Great question. The short answer is no, there is no difference in the servers used between the Basic, Shopify and Advanced plans. Switching plans will not speed up your website. I'll mention that merchants using our Plus platform receive additional API calls. 

You can view and compare all the different plan features on our Pricing page. Just quickly, the main advantages of the Advanced plan over the Shopify plan are:

• Advanced report builder
    • Create custom reports to track best sellers.
    • Helps optimize adwords spend and site layout.
    • Track sales by country.
  • Real-time carrier shipping
    • Also available as an add-on to any plan for $20 USD / month
    • Or free when you upgrade to annual billing
  • 15 Staff accounts
  • Lower fees for payment processing
    • Including Shopify Payments fees, and third party gateway transaction fees.
    • These are detailed on our pricing page under the Shopify Payments section. 

I'll note that the savings on payment fees can be significant enough to justify upgrading plans. This depends on your revenue, and the payment gateway you are using. 

As for speeding up your website, are you having issues with your store speed? Have you gone through your Online store speed report? It's good to look at this report in detail on Google's PageSpeed Insights. If you're not sure how to make these changes, you can always hire a Shopify Expert to help with this. You can also check out our tips on how to improve your online store speed

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Hilary
Community Moderator
538 77 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @AndreCamm !

Great question. The short answer is no, there is no difference in the servers used between the Basic, Shopify and Advanced plans. Switching plans will not speed up your website. I'll mention that merchants using our Plus platform receive additional API calls. 

You can view and compare all the different plan features on our Pricing page. Just quickly, the main advantages of the Advanced plan over the Shopify plan are:

• Advanced report builder
    • Create custom reports to track best sellers.
    • Helps optimize adwords spend and site layout.
    • Track sales by country.
  • Real-time carrier shipping
    • Also available as an add-on to any plan for $20 USD / month
    • Or free when you upgrade to annual billing
  • 15 Staff accounts
  • Lower fees for payment processing
    • Including Shopify Payments fees, and third party gateway transaction fees.
    • These are detailed on our pricing page under the Shopify Payments section. 

I'll note that the savings on payment fees can be significant enough to justify upgrading plans. This depends on your revenue, and the payment gateway you are using. 

As for speeding up your website, are you having issues with your store speed? Have you gone through your Online store speed report? It's good to look at this report in detail on Google's PageSpeed Insights. If you're not sure how to make these changes, you can always hire a Shopify Expert to help with this. You can also check out our tips on how to improve your online store speed

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

View solution in original post

AndreCamm
2 0 0

Hi,

We'll review our business requirements and take on board the information you sent.

Kind regards, John

Hilary
Community Moderator
538 77 100

Hi John, 

Sounds great. Thanks for updating this topic as solved for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Feel free to reach out again in the Community if you have any further questions!