Why is my Shopify store slower and how can I increase the speed score?

kishor
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hello team ,its showing in my website store score is 13 which is slower than other shopify store.. what to do inorder to increase the score

Replies 6 (6)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 588

The score with that tool is largely based on store facing apps, but you can probably increase it by doing some site optimizations.

To see if you have optimization issues / opportunities, run it through the Shopify Analyzer. That's a performance analysis tool my team built free for the Shopify community, it's geared specifically for Shopify sites and analyzes what can and should be optimized.

With the results, you'll get recommendations and links to free guides, but if you need professional help you can contact us.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
242 29 129

Share your site's URL so that we can give better advise.

Available for freelance. I specialize in speed improvement and theme development.
https://www.upwork.com/fl/orionholmes

You can also contact me directly if you prefer.

Not applicable

Hi Kishor,

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Our agency can help you with speed optimization. 

If you wish, you can subscribe here: https://mailchi.mp/d3382f3c7380/7xc6wdulhe

And we can discuss further, for now, we propose one free optimization of speed.

Best Regards,

Aibek

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4167 244 733

@kishor, These are some points that will help you to keep your store’s speed optimized:-

• Optimize all the images
  • Eliminate using multiple apps- Using multiple apps hinders the speed of the store. You can try the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. It has all the essential features integrated in a single app & you don’t have to install multiple apps. 
  • Use a fast and reliable hosting
  • Use a Content delivery network (CDN)
  • “Minify” your code
  • Reduce redirects and broken links
Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

PJAX
Tourist
4 0 2

You might want to consider changing themes, you can try to run your store in here: gtmetrix.com/ and check.

The fastest shopify theme is PLAK, it hits 100% score in PageSpeed and 100% SEO in google lighthouse.

Getting a theme which is pretty fast + SEO built-it is definitely the best, it will help you greatly and convert well. You will get your money back in no time.

You might want to check this out for reference too: https://fastspring.com/blog/page-speed-affect-sales-online-store/

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15834 2369 3072

Hello @kishor ,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed with following point that I have mentioned below.
Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed you need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minify.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing