I hope there is someone out there that can help us with explaining the difference of the calculated speed by Shopify and PageSpeed Insights (the metric Shopify used)
I've enclosed different print screens to demonstrate the difference, but the summary in short:
1. Shopify assign our shop speed at 24 (which is slower than similar shops) We've been 27, speed up to 29, but now dropped again. See print screens.
2. The Page Speeds metrics for our 3 subpages are (Homepage; Desktop: 99 Mobile: 92 | Shop; Desktop: 99 Mobile: 92 | About Us; Desktop: 99 Mobile: 92) Note; Shop page & About us pages are not calculated by Shopify (see missing available data in the overview)
3. Shop URL www.conscious.cleaning
Thanks in a million!
You're using the Cloaking method to hide your page content for PageSpeed Insights, see this thread:
Whether this is good or bad for SEO, I don't really know, it won't help actaul user expierence though, so if you care about that and the effect of loading performance on your bounce rate, you should optmize beyond just using a Cloak to increase your pagespeed score.
I'd reccomend you have your developer make the css non render blocking and generate critical css, and change your slider from flickity js to glide js
Yes , Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.
In order to Improve website speed we need to work on the following points:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Minimize long main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app