Significantly slow load speed on Mobile and desktop

OmarSubz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there! 

Recently it was noted that our website load time had slowed down significantly. It was fine up until last week, but all of a sudden it has slowed down, this is causing our website product pages to load at a very slow rate. The rest of the website loads quickly, it is just the product pages that load slow. 

I ran a Google PageSpeed insight report and it gave some suggestions, but I cannot figure out what to change to improve the scores. 

Here is the screenshot of our report that we think is the biggest issue. 

total blocking time.PNG

The website URL is: https://roseandmaison.com

Product page loads slow on any/all product pages: for example - https://roseandmaison.com/collections/outils-du-metier/products/rechargeable-electric-milk-frother

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! 

Replies 2 (2)

eStoreSpeed
Explorer
43 6 12

Hi @OmarSubz,

It seems like <script src="//customify.pw/js_api/call/imagesip-com" type="text/javascript"></script> is render blocking all your other resources. And the request for this script eventually times out (see screenshot below)

connection time out errorconnection time out error

Try removing it (it should be in your theme.liquid file) and see if your page loads faster?

If that script is the issue but you need that script, try to load it async by adding async attribute to the script e.g. <script src="//customify.pw/js_api/call/imagesip-com" type="text/javascript" async></script>

Feel free to reach out!

Best,

eStoreSpeedOptimization 

Subscribe to Shopify speed improvement newsletter (we never spam)
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @OmarSubz 

The issue on your product pages definitely seems to be related to the script coming from Customify:

<script src="//customify.pw/js_api/call/imagesip-com" type="text/javascript"></script>

It also looks like this particular script is only being loaded up on product pages. That's more evidence to suggest it's an issue related to the above line of code and why your other pages load just fine. Once this script times out, the rest of the page continues loading. This likely means that this particular script is holding up the rest of the page (a blocking script).

I'd check your theme.liquid file and search for this script. If for some reason you cannot find it in there, I would check your product.liquid template file and all files included within it.

If you need any assistance, feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact. Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)