Site speed 56- is it any good and to AMP or not to AMP?

Annabee
Excursionist
33 3 4

Hello, shopify shows my site speed at 56 - No idea if this is good - what is the benchmark? 

Lighthouse tells me that my desktop performance is  91    and my mobile is  72 - 

Also, I have been recommended to install AMP to help the process-but considering my lighthouse score, do i really need AMP?

It is obviously yet another extra cost- 

Replies 8 (8)

Zerohero
Excursionist
24 0 2

Thats pretty good, not sure you'll get much higher via mobile. 

If you do not mind me asking what theme do you use and could I have your URL..

Thanks 

Annabee
Excursionist
33 3 4

HI @Zerohero ,

I use debut theme; url is eceauxdrinks.com .  (Still a few bits to populate).  My MO has been to keep things as simple as possible whilst giving visitors enough information and a straightforward ux experience.  Granted I only have 2 products

Would love to get your feedback on my site (yours looks very good, with a huge amount of products) - cheers

Zerohero
Excursionist
24 0 2

Thank you, 

I did look at your website, I like your home page, the bottles are nice and big and cool looking, the botanical part is a bit confusing, didnt know if you was selling drinks or plants 🙂 did you mean to say loqueurs or liqueurs? I see your number 1 for that keyword but unsure if its even a word? you do not have a link for the drinks in your menu?

On the products page it only shows the bottom half, the top half if cut off on my screen.

Its a great start..

On google mobile speed it says your site loads in 2s and says that your site is slow??, however when I have checked other sites in my sector that loads around 2.5s it says their sites are fast, google really does confuse me.. 

Annabee
Excursionist
33 3 4

Hi and thank you for checking it out -  you are right, on the product page the image is cut off too- But all my images are getting changed very shortly (these are mockups)

like you say, it's a start 🙂 

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Annabee 

We work on optimizing tons of Shopify sites every day and these are honestly some of the highest scores I've come across in a while. Good job!

Creating an AMPed version of your website could potentially help improve those scores, but I don't think they'd improve very much with how high they already are. For reference, we typically see Shopify Speed Scores range from 20-35 and Google Page Speed Insights scores (on mobile) range from 10-40. So your site is already well above average in those terms.

I probably wouldn't take the time to pursue AMP unless it's something you really want to do. To ensure your scores stay high, just make sure to avoid installing any new apps unless they're absolutely necessary.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
Annabee
Excursionist
33 3 4

@JohnCodes  ahh, thank you so much for that-  phew, i'm glad I'm doing ok with the site so far.  It's been a bit of a learning curve, but thankfully it has worked 🙂

I have a quick unrelated question:  on my product page, the product photos get cut off by my header banner- Any clue how I can rectify that? https://eceauxdrinks.com/collections/eceaux/products/vitalite

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Annabee 

Sorry for the delayed response, but I just looked at your Product page and it seems like you may have already resolved this issue. Awesome!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
Annabee
Excursionist
33 3 4

I have - thank you 🙂