How can I improve my website's speed performance?

chicadona1
Visitor
2 0 0
  • Hello,
    I need a help because I saw a message on my site that my site buywisecity.com is running 28%  low speed.
    I checked GTmetrix and my speed is the following : Anyone can help me please?
GTmetrix Grade
Performance :51%
Structure :86%
TTFB: 466ms
Redirect:2ms
Connect:95s
Backend:123ms

Replies 2 (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2226 203 593

I would start with optimizing your theme and assets.

The easiest way to do that for a Shopify site is using the Shopify Analyzer. That's a free tool my team built for the Shopify community. The scoring and recommendations are based on over 1,000 Shopify sites we've optimized.

If you want to see where your site stands with a couple popular tools (GTMetrix included) we have some stats here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-performance-benchmarks.

After you get the standard Shopify optimizations done (using our tool), if you're still unsatisfied with your speed you can look at more advanced tactics like hardcoding app functionality directly into your theme and conditionally loading apps and code to only where it's needed.

In the end, if you have an engaging ecommerce site using store facing apps, you likely won't have a high "score" with general tools, but the most important metric for an online store is profit / revenue, so my recommendation is optimize as much as you can in relation to an ecommerce site, then move on to conversion rate optimization.

If you need help with performance optimization from Shopify optimization experts give a shout at speedboostr.com/contact. If you prefer to handle in-house feel free to follow our Shopify optimization guide: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-optimization.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 956 1603

Hi @chicadona1 ,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder.

I just tested your website on both my Samsung and iPhone and PageSpeed Insights app. You can see the reason via its’ report here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buywisecity.com%2F&tab...

RichardNguyen_0-1610660106698.png

RichardNguyen_1-1610660106708.png1. The biggest reason that makes your page run slowly is rendering blocking resources: Resources are blocking the first impression of the page. Consider delivering important JS / Inline Styles (CSS) and deferring any non-critical JS / styles. You can click on this field on the report for more detail.

2. Besides, other dramatical reasons are JavaScript, CSS code, and your server's initial response time… Please check your theme.liquid file and remove unused JavaScript.

3. Besides, you should check both Mobile and Desktop devices in the report. On the desktop, we can see the problem might come from your server's initial response time. Keep the server responsive to the main document as all other requests depend on that timing.

RichardNguyen_2-1610660106681.png

4. Optimize your images and delayed loading of off-screen images: One of suggestions for you about reducing interaction time. If you want to optimize your images to help your page loading speed faster, you can use some of the image optimization tools like: ImageOptim, Shopify Online Image Resizer, tinypng.com or imagecompressor.com. And If you have images that go with .PNG file, you can convert them to .JPG or .JPEG files

Finally, you can consider some tips to improve the speed page about How to Speed Up Website and Optimize Page Load Time To Win Sales. 

By the way, I'm working on - PageFly. We are a Shopify page builder to customize your page, our app provides the Lazyload function and it's easy to use with a drag-and-drop system and less code needed. Here is a reference. 

If you find my comment useful, you can like it. And let me know if you want further assistance.

Have a great day!

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.