There are a lot of factors that impact your store speed and make it slower than normal. You could take a look at this document provided by Shopify to learn more about it.
The advice is:
Another way you could try is to consider using third-party apps such as SEO: Image Optimizer Page Speed which will assist you to improve your site speed and a free plan are available.
I hope this helps.
All the best.
@LauraBuckley hello i have checked your store on google page speed insight
Try to fix the following issues as page speed insight suggests
Reduce unused CSS
Eliminate render-blocking resources
Ensure text remains visible during webfont load
Reduce the impact of third-party code
Here some resources you can follow
If you have any question feel free to ask me Thanks.
► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fix bugs?
Welcome to the Shopify Community...
3rd party apps & codes which take time to load and their size . They decrease the speed.
Need to work on following points
We will recommend that Shopify users switch to Dawn and take advantage of the better site speed performance score and take advantage of the new features available in Shopify 2.0. If you don't have technical knowledge, then we will surely help with the Shopify 2.0 migration.
See where exactly google speed index tools want you to target your code to optimize the site .
By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve.
If you are curious about growing your brand and making more sales in your online retail business,
You can get a start and upgrade from version 1.0 to 2.0, but you will need the assistance of an expert Shopify developer.
Explore your requirements and any of our experts will connect you for further discussion.
And we will provide an assured guarantee plan for the website speed optimization.
For more details please check the link below.
If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask.
Email us or Connect with us on Skype
Have a nice day !
Hope you are doing well !!
As per our analysis, we checked your website speed and that is very poor in respect to audience reach, your current store speed for mobile is 22 and for desktop is 40 is considered very poor.
As per now trends, the audiences are coming through the mobile is in high numbers instead of desktop. So the more your speed, the more your audience's reach is.
Following things would be done to optimize your store speed: -
1. Full speed optimization Audit.
2. Check and fix all halting Java scripts if any.
3. Check and remove apps' obsolete code if any.
4. Check and optimize all website assets (images, CSS, JS, etc.)
5. Images optimization & compression.
6. Optimize the video section to an optimized version if any.
7. Apply Lazy loading per section wherever required.
8. Check and defer scripts wherever required.
9. Improve liquid rendering time.
10. Improve Largest Contentful Paint LCP [Web Vitals] as per Gtmetrix.
11. Improve Cumulative Layout Shift [Web Vitals] as per Gtmetrix.
12. Improve TBT - Total blocking time as per GTmetrix.
13. Improve FID - First Input delay
14. Pre Load critical assets.
15. Handle third-party script [ app ].
16. Font loading.
17. Compress js and CSS files.
18. Apply CDN where required.
19. Lazyload images and iframes.
21. Preload assets where required.
22. Optimize videos and Gif
23. Improve overall page loading time
24. Implement AMP pages if required.
25. Improver overall core web vitals score based on lighthouse policy.
These are the points that affect your store speed and this will be achieved by a good developer.
Thanks and regards
I am Alex From MS Web Designer (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore ) I helped 1000+ Shopify Store owners to Optimize their website loading speed for both mobile and desktop and increase their conversion rate.
Here are some proven steps that will improve your website speed dramatically for both mobile and desktop.
By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve
If you want a Free complete Website Optimization Audit Report ( All the Actionable steps for your store ), let me know
If you have any concerns feel free to ask me!
Make the shift from discounts to donations, and witness your business not only thrive fina...By Holly Dec 4, 2023
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023