Slow and Unresponsive Cart page

Theriion
Excursionist
33 0 8

Hi there. 

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help me but I'm struggling greatly with a very bad issue.

My Cart page is very slow and most of the time is not even responding for ages before I can click anything. 

I have tried removing all apps. I have even tried to build 100% new theme and same thing is happening. 

Issue is present when adding an item to cart, when changing quantities , when removing item from cart. Once any action is taken the page is non responsive for a very long time. I have contacted Shopify about it days ago but I still have not received any response, so here I am asking the wonderful community 🙂

here is a link: https://www.elephinto.com/

I hope someone can help?!

Thanks either way 

Stay Safe

Replies 9 (9)

Not applicable

Hi @Theriion 

Aibek is here from Speedimize.io

Hope everything is fine on your end. 

We have studied and identified something interesting.

http://joxi.ru/Dr8vXbGuobWnW2 - from time to time, such an ajax request is sent, which on average lasts 7 seconds. And until this request is executed, the site will not respond. It freezes. You probably use the app from Salespark. Try temporarily disabling it. We can't guarantee that it's because of the app, but it's better to check and make sure.

We will wait for update from your part.

Theriion
Excursionist
33 0 8

Oh wow.

That was wonderful advice. I've removed that app and Cart page is again working super smooth. 

Thank you a million times for this. I've been trying for weeks to work it out!

However. Although cart is working perfectly I have noticed that the checkout is not working as it should now. Once clicking "checkout" the page is loading for ages. Sorry to be a pain but if you could maybe by any chance have a look at it as well? Please?

Either way thank you again for resolving my issue with cart and have a lovely day!

Warm regards.

Marcin

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

I don't see any checkout slowness. Is there steps to replicate it? If you have a different device it's worth testing it there as a sanity check.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Theriion
Excursionist
33 0 8

Hi there 

I've tested on two devices, on home network and on 4g network. I have not yet tested on computer , only android phones. I have cleared browser data cookies ect. Tested on Firefox and Chrome. Same result everywhere.

There is no steps simply adding to cart and once clicked checkout it just loading for ages...

Here is a quick screen record of it...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TfAjYi4a5BYevMPd6 .

Thank you either way. 

Warm wishes 

Theriion

Not applicable

Hi @Theriion 

Glad to hear that our advice was useful for you. 

The checkout page is controlled on the Shopify side.

Before that, there were posts that the page will be loaded for a very long time if you are logged in as an admin. So try logging out or checking through incognito. Otherwise, you will have to contact Shopify support.

Theriion
Excursionist
33 0 8

Hi there again.

just to check ... if this would make any sense to you guys? I have tested multiple themes including a brand new clean unedited theme. On mobile checkout is still not working r I have to wait very long time. On desktop it's loading kind of slow but it is loading . And when looking at the console I'm getting a lot of red code. Maybe you would have some idea of what it is ?

Theriion_0-1618470886609.png

Not applicable

Hey @Theriion 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

This error is shown to us too. But nevertheless, the checkout page loads quickly. This does not affect the download speed in any way. We tested it on both Android and iOS. We also checked it via LTE, everything works much faster than on video.

Did you check through incognito?

Theriion
Excursionist
33 0 8

Right. So it seems to be working fine now. 

First step was to remove the sales spark app. Without this step I would never get anywhere. 

After this was removed the cart page started to work super smooth. 

In regards to checkout issue. I managed to sort it out by installing a GDRP banner. This resolved the checkout not loading. Why and how I do not know.lol.

With this sorted the checkout was loading , wasn't very quick but it was working. I think the last step that fixed it fully was Shopify support clearing the cache on their end for my website.

There is still a little bit of strange code in the Google inspection console tool but I'm gonna leave it as is for now. I don't want to mess things up again . It would be nice tough to see empty clear console one day haha.

Thank you very much for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Stay safe!

Warm regards. 

Theriion

Not applicable

Hey @Theriion 

Glad to hear that now everything is better than before. 

Please don't forget to LIKE or ACCEPT THE SOLUTION, if our advice was useful. 

Thank you in advance.