Why are customers idle on my Shopify product pages?

catanomaly
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi! Here's the deal, I have installed the app Lucky Orange on my website to see the recordings from customers interactions with my store, and I don't understand the data I am seeing. After running 3 facebook ad campaigns for 3 different products, I analysed from the recordings that the vast majority of people who visit my store (I would say about 50%), stay "idle" on the product page (meaning little or no interaction before exiting). I test my store all the time and it works just fine, I have even done an audit on gtmetrix to see the speed score and it got above average on all ratings. So the question is, what the hell is this customer behavior that I am seeing? Is this normal? https://bit.ly/33ookni

Reply 1 (1)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2193 201 587

My best guess is probably they open it in another tab, or in mobile then leave the page but still have it open.

I've seen some weird stuff in those recordings though haha but good on ye for checking those out, you can get some real good insights.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks