Sometimes blurry product pictures

Kim55
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello,

First time I wrote on this forum, hope somebody could help me. I have a problem with my product pictures which won't fully load sometimes, the pictures are very blurry. I made the pictures smaller but still the same issue. When I refresh the page a few times it's suddenly works. I tried this at different locations to make sure it's not the internet connection. 

Any thought what this could be? I'm using the Debutify theme and just noticed that I don't use the latest update, could this be the problem? 

My webshop address:

https://studiovollebak.nl/collections/bagagenet/products/bagagenet

Other recommendations are also welcome, I'm still a noob 🙂

Kim

Replies 5 (5)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Kim55

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

Firstly, welcome to our forums and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your product photos. Since you shared your store link, I was able to view your product page on multiple devices and it did not appear to be blurry. Here is a screenshot of how the image appears: 

08-51-72613-87517

My initial thought is that this is a local issue caused by either the browser, device, or internet connection. Are you able to confirm if this occurs immediately after you upload the image, or does this occur in random instances? Feel free to send over a screenshot of how the image appears on your device. You also mentioned that your theme is out of date, so I would strongly suggest updating it to ensure that you have the latest version and bug patches. 

Feel free to reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kim55
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Mac,

Thanks for the reply, really appreaciated. I've tried it on 4 different devices (3 laptops and 1 phone) and all have the same problem. Sometimes it directly loads correct but often it doesn't and I need to refresh the page a few times before the picture shows correct. I tried it also on 3 different networks, still the same.

It always occurs, so not only after I just uploaded a picture. It's also only happening with the product photo's, not at the other pictures at the website.

Kim55_0-1644435829789.png

I will update the Theme as well and see if this gives better results.

Keep you posted! 

Thanks!!

oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
242 29 129

So what is happening is that the javascript lazyloading is sometimes failing to execute, why, I have no idea, I can't replicate the issue.

The essiest solution would be change javascript lazyloading to native lazyloading.

Available for freelance. I specialize in speed improvement and theme development.
https://www.upwork.com/fl/orionholmes

You can also contact me directly if you prefer.
Kim55
Tourist
5 0 3

Thank you!! I did the Debutify update and since it seems to work fine. Only the review app doesn't work anymore but that;s something I can solve I guess.

Thanks again!!

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @Kim55

I'm happy to hear that the update solved the issue. You also mentioned that the reviews app is not working. Are you able to confirm which app you are using, and if you are receiving any error messages? I'd be happy to look into this. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog