Solved

Is bulk deletion of products in Shopify always this slow?

amfawcett
Visitor
3 0 0

I am wanting to refresh the products in my store and first want to delete all the existing products. I have 50,000+ products. Having tried some small batches it seems to be taking around 1.5 seconds per product so i am looking at 22 hours of so to purge my store.

Two questions

- does this seem normal in terms of timescales for bulk deletion?
- is there any way this can be speeded up?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Accepted Solution (1)

ClimacticAdv
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Deleting thousands of products from your store will take some time. From my experience, probably a couple hours per thousand. And it seems to me at times that the operation stalls out and it helps to reinitiate the deleting process after several hours. It can take all day to remove tens of thousands of products.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Simranjeet
Shopify Partner
79 9 19

Hi Andrew,

Aren't you able to delete them all at once  from Store Admin > Products > All Products > Click on very top checkbox > More Actions > Delete Products . 

Thanks

Simranjeet Singh

Sim
Shopify Developer & Solutions Expert
JimWatts
Excursionist
36 2 2

I tried this. It doesn't work. I have 100k products that need to be deleted and redone. Please help.

Simranjeet
Shopify Partner
79 9 19

Hi @JimWatts ,

You can try with GraphiQL app and make mutation to delete products. Hopefully, that would be a lot faster.

Thank you

Sim
Shopify Developer & Solutions Expert
amfawcett
Visitor
3 0 0

no, that didn't work

ClimacticAdv
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Deleting thousands of products from your store will take some time. From my experience, probably a couple hours per thousand. And it seems to me at times that the operation stalls out and it helps to reinitiate the deleting process after several hours. It can take all day to remove tens of thousands of products.

amfawcett
Visitor
3 0 0

Yes it is so frustrating, seems to work partly then stops for no apparent reason