Store performance with connexions located mostly in Eastern Asia ?

loic2
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I am new at shopify and I heard that Shopify servers would be mostly located in the US. Is it correct ? 

a French resident, I am considering using Shopify for my business which is focused mainly towards South Korea and China territories, quite far from the US anyway, and I am concerned about store speed performance. 

Is this an issue, and in that case, how would it be possible to ask for servers closer to south Korea ? or all in all, server location is a not a key in the store performance, and servers in the US would still be OK (do you have an idea of speed performance with the latter configuration) ? 

thank you ! 

L

Replies 4 (4)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @loic2 

It won't be a problem, don't worry.

Shopify uses CDN, which is  a large network of servers placed across the globe so your customers can load your online store quickly, wherever they are.

'Shopify's CDN is operated by Fastly, one of the most reputable CDN companies.' I found these information on https://www.shopify.com/website/hosting

So don't worry at all about store speed from server. Just focus on building pages that don't contain redundant code and optimizing images on those pages and it will be fine 😄

Hope that helps. If it is, please give me a 'like' 😉

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Not applicable

Hi Loic2, 

Pagefly responded correctly about hosting and you don't need to worry about this. 

Your main concern will be choosing the theme and optimized content of your store. Before installing, you need to test the theme through Pagespeed, then after installation again. If the difference is big, then delete the theme and choose another one.

You can do the same with apps. For all the time working with Shopify, these are the main problems of low performance.

If you will have problems with the speed performance at your store, do not hesitate to send me a message here: hello@growavelabs.com 

Our agency will be glad to help you. 

P.S On parle français aussi

oseongwon
Visitor
1 0 0

As someone already mentioned below, server would not be an issue. Its totally okay.

I'm also Korean and selling some product at here. If you have another issue about this area, please feel free to ask me.

oseongwon.osw@gmail.com 

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15833 2369 3072

Hello @loic2 ,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed we need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minified.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing