Solved

Why is my online store running slow and how can I improve it?

Sharn
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello 👋, my store www.saharablueco.com is running quite slow and I can’t figure out why. Can anyone make any suggestions that will fix this problem.

Accepted Solution (1)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2222 202 592

This is an accepted solution.

@Sharn it looks like the slider is taking up a considerable load time, both in actual load time and perceived load time (waiting for the images to show). A quick win you can implement is to remove the heavy slider + its code, and replace with a single banner image.

You also have some syntax and loading errors:

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.05.02 AM.jpg

I would fix all those. Sometimes they're harmless, sometimes they cause load issues and layout glitches. If you're not familiar with console errors, this guide will help: https://speedboostr.com/finding-and-fixing-console-errors/

Other than that, your site looks pretty good. You can easily check now and in the future to see if there are optimization issues by running your pages through the Shopify Analyzer. That's a free tool my team of Shopify optimization pros built for the community. There are recommended levels geared specifically for Shopify, plus resources to solve any issues.

Last note, since oscprofessional posted I have to give you a warning, they've been caught stealing and breaking Shopify terms of service on multiple occasions (reference: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-partners-caught-stealing). Could be dangerous giving them access to your business.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

_onkar
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

@Sharn I think speed optimization is done over the website? or still need help

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on the store, Hire me
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

Hello Sharn ,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed we need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minified.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4206 951 1599

Hi @Sharn,

I've been checking your store using Pagespeed and there's a lot of unused JAVA Script and CSS code, which makes the page heavier than it's supposed to be. Please remove that. There are also other problems that you could address, please check it here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsaharablueco.com%2F

Based on my experience, there are some tips I think would help you in optimizing your store speed:

- Reduce redirects from pages to pages

- Minimize the number of JavaScript and CSS files

- Enable compression (Use Gzip, a software application for file compression, to reduce the size of your CSS, HTML, and JavaScript files that are larger than 150 bytes.)

- Minimize the size of your images (using tinypng.com or any tools)

Hope these things could help you to better your store speed. If you think this comment is helpful for you please give me a like or mark it as solution 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2222 202 592

This is an accepted solution.

@Sharn it looks like the slider is taking up a considerable load time, both in actual load time and perceived load time (waiting for the images to show). A quick win you can implement is to remove the heavy slider + its code, and replace with a single banner image.

You also have some syntax and loading errors:

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.05.02 AM.jpg

I would fix all those. Sometimes they're harmless, sometimes they cause load issues and layout glitches. If you're not familiar with console errors, this guide will help: https://speedboostr.com/finding-and-fixing-console-errors/

Other than that, your site looks pretty good. You can easily check now and in the future to see if there are optimization issues by running your pages through the Shopify Analyzer. That's a free tool my team of Shopify optimization pros built for the community. There are recommended levels geared specifically for Shopify, plus resources to solve any issues.

Last note, since oscprofessional posted I have to give you a warning, they've been caught stealing and breaking Shopify terms of service on multiple occasions (reference: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-partners-caught-stealing). Could be dangerous giving them access to your business.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
Sharn
Tourist
7 0 2

Thankyou for giving me a answer I can easily understand 🙏. And now that I think about it this makes sense since my store was faster before I changed it to a sliding banner. Also thanks for the warning 🙏.

Hajii
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you for the post! 🙂this is truly helpful.
I had also some issues on my crossbowpedia store . now I found solutions on this post. Again thanks.

Thenicholecolle
Excursionist
12 0 1

I have the same exact problem. My site speed is very slow. What am I doing wrong? My site is www.discountpricesus.com

donaldhartfield
9 0 0

Slow website speed is a common problem that can negatively affect your Shopify store's performance, including user experience, search engine rankings, and sales. Here are some suggestions to improve your Shopify store's speed:

1. Optimize images: Large images can slow down your website. Compress images without losing quality and reduce their size before uploading them to your website.

2. Minimize HTTP requests: Reducing the number of HTTP requests can improve your site's speed. Combine multiple files into one, remove unnecessary plugins, and minimize the use of external scripts.

3. Use a content delivery network (CDN): A CDN can distribute your website's content across multiple servers, making it faster for users in different locations to access your site.

4. Enable browser caching: Browser caching allows your website's files to be stored on the user's computer, making it faster to load the next time they visit your site.

5. Minify your code: Minify your HTML, CSS, and JavaScript files by removing unnecessary code and spaces. This can help reduce the file size and improve your website's loading speed.

6. Use a faster web hosting provider: Consider using a faster web hosting provider. A slow server can affect your website's loading speed.

7. Use a performance testing tool: Use online tools like websitespeedy, Google PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix to identify the issues that are slowing down your website's loading speed and get recommendations on how to fix them.

By implementing these suggestions, you can improve your Shopify store's speed and provide a better user experience for your customers.