To continue receiving payouts, you need to secure your account by turning on two-step authentication. If two-step authentication is not turned on your payouts will be paused. Learn more

Third Party code jquery.min.js causing fluctuating pagespeed scores.

GriffCat
1 0 0

Hi all,

I have been working to increase my shop speed and have been using PageSpeed Insights to get an idea of what I need to work on. I have bit by bit making some progress, but I am getting frustrated tracking if my changes are actually even making a difference (or alas, making things worse!). When I run the test several times in a row I can at times get pretty different scores (plus or minus 10 points). 

It seems the big reason for this is in the "Reduce the impact of third-party code" section. I have noticed that one script in particular loads in with pretty drastically different speeds (from about 300ms to 800ms).  The script is coming from shopify and I'm just wondering what it is, if I can remove it somehow, or at least just curious why it loads fast sometimes but slow others? https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0584/4110/5576/t/10/assets/jquery.min.js?v=11586021193639794548165...

There might not be a solution for this, but at least I would like to wrap my head around why it is happening.

Thanks!

Replies 0 (0)