Why is my Shopify website itcloset.com loading slowly?

ItCloset
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi there! 

Since a few weeks ago I am experiencing some problems with the loading speed of my website itcloset.com

Could somebody please help me out with this? 

I would truly appreciate it 

Replies 5 (5)

MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
695 52 135

Hi @ItCloset 

I am Alex From MS Web Designer (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore ) I helped 1000+ Shopify Store owners to Optimize their website loading speed for both mobile and desktop and increase their conversion rate.

Here are some proven steps that will improve your website speed dramatically for both mobile and desktop.

• Select a light Weight Shopify Theme ( OS 2.0 Compatible
  • Remove all Unwanted Shopify App ( That you have installed, but not using)
  • Minify Javascript, CSS 
  • Reduce the Large Image Size
  • Eliminating the halting problem in Javascript
  • Apply Lazy loading per section wherever required
  • Replace Gifs with the Static Images
  • Resize Products images using Shopify App ( for Bulk )
  • Check Page Speed by Google page Insight and GTmetrix.

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve
If you want a Free complete Website Optimization Audit Report ( All the Actionable steps for your store ), let me know 

If you have any concerns feel free to ask me!

Good Luck!

Regards,
Alex 

banned

speedboostr
Trailblazer
136 20 26

@ItClosetthe easiest way to see if you have any issues is running your site through the Shopify Analyzer. That's a free tool my team built for the community, it's geared specifically for Shopify sites so doesn't include the irrelevant warnings that a general tool may give.

From there, there are free guides linked if you have a developer on your team they can follow those. Of course, if you prefer an expert to handle it just contact us through the site. We can also do a free analysis if you'd like just reach out to speedboostr.com/contact.

Lastly, since you mentioned this started a few weeks ago, make note of what changes you made to your site in that time (website changes, installed new apps, uninstalled apps, etc). That information will help to identify what changed and how to either fix or optimize as best as possible.

Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app and theme scheduler). Creator of Shopify Analyzer (1st performance analysis tool for Shopify, free for the community). Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts + app developers). More apps from our team: Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
kazi
Shopify Partner
543 85 105

Hello @ItCloset  I have checked your store on google page speed scores - 19

https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Fitcloset.com%2F&form_factor=mobile

You can try to fix the following issues on your store and this will improve your store Speed scores, load time, Google page speed scores, Core web vitals. GTmetrix scores.

▶ Fix render blocking resources
▶ Image optimization
▶ JS/CSS files optimization
▶ Lazyload media JS/CSS files
▶ Optimize CSS/JS delivery
▶ Minimize HTTP requests
▶ Removed unused codes
▶ Fix bad requests ex: 404 links
▶ Optimize Font delivery
▶ Preload files
▶ Optimize APP codes

Here some resources you can follow

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/store-speed/improving-speed

https://gofishdigital.com/blog/shopify-speed-optimizations/

https://www.semrush.com/blog/9-tips-for-boosting-the-speed-of-your-shopify-website/

If you need help feel free to contact me Thanks.

☑️ If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like ✌️

► Need help with THEME CUSTOMIZATION, SPEED OPTIMIZATION ?

WhatsApp Email: Click here Skype: kof.bd

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @ItCloset ,

Here are some proven steps that will improve your website speed dramatically for both mobile and desktop.

- Minify Javascript, CSS
- Limit unnecessary app use
- Reduce the Large Image Size
- Eliminating the halting problem in Javascript
- Apply Lazy loading per section wherever required
- use this app to optimize: SEO:Image Optimizer Page Speed

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any further questions.

banned

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @ItCloset,

By following the below steps, you can significantly speed up your Shopify store:

1. Removing unused app code is a best practice that avoids running code for unused features and makes your theme code easier to read.
2. Use a theme that is optimized for performance
3. Themes contain CSS, JS, HTML which can increase and affect your store speed. So disable theme features you don't use.
4. Loading extra data your customers aren't using can impact your store speed without adding value.
5. If you are using slideshows, keep slideshows of featured images to 2-3 slides or use one featured image.
6. Use a System font which is a font that is already installed on most computers. For example Segoe UI, Times New Roman. If you use a font that does not yet exist on your customer's computer, then the font has to be downloaded before your text can be displayed. This impacts the time that your store takes to load.
7. Reduce the use of large-sized images and also compress images without losing the quality
8. Use minified CSS and JS files
9. Replace GIFs with static images
10. To reduce the initial load time, you can use Lazyload technique
11. Remove third-party JS scripts and Shopify App which you are no longer using
12. Minimize HTTP requests
13. Avoid unnecessary redirects and fix broken links

If your website takes longer than 3 seconds to load, 40% of your traffic will be lost. Apart from speeding up your store, for getting better conversions, make sure your store products are Found on Google. When your customers search for your product, your product can be found only if Google has indexed the page. Note that once a URL gets indexed, customers will start finding your store through organic searches, and you will start getting order conversions for virtually zero cost. Make sustainable business growth with flareAI. flareAI helps to get your new products found on organic channels. flareAI works every day for you. Get sales from 20+ world's largest free sales channels, Single click start!

I hope that the above list’s tips will help you decrease the load on your web pages and increase the Shopify website speed.

Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing