Solved

White screen for a few seconds on first load

Adde9400
Tourist
19 0 3

Hello!

My problem is the following:

When i enter a incognito window in google chrome and navigate to my website www.fitnesspower.se. Then i get like a 3-4 sec white screen before the page loads, it seems like this issue does not happen when doing the same on mozilla firefox. It is very strange. I would love to get some help with this.

111.png

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)
StevenPM
Shopify Partner
76 7 8

This is an accepted solution.

Try that now.

You just needed to turn off page transition in theme settings.

Let me know if that has solved your problem.

Steven

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

StevenPM
Shopify Partner
76 7 8

Hi there,

I am seeing the same problem with other browsers.

It is a problem with the theme that your store is using, as you can see by checking the theme demo here: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/prestige/styles/allure/preview

There might be settings for your theme, try asking for Shopify Support from the theme developer here: https://maestrooo.com/

Let me know how you get on.

Steven

Adde9400
Tourist
19 0 3

Thanks for your reply. I talked with shopify support yesterday so they helped me Email The theme developer. But my past experience is that it takes a while to get an answer from them, and I think this issue affects my conversion rate negatively. 

Are you able to have a look in my theme if you can find something obvious? 

StevenPM
Shopify Partner
76 7 8

I could look quickly. Please do not post login credentials here in this post though.

You can provide collaborator access to my Shopify Partner email via PM.

StevenPM
Shopify Partner
76 7 8

This is an accepted solution.

Try that now.

You just needed to turn off page transition in theme settings.

Let me know if that has solved your problem.

Steven

Adde9400
Tourist
19 0 3

Hello again! 

It seems like that fixed the issue 🙂 also it seems like changing page is faster now. Thanks alot. Is there any negative effect by turning page transitions off?

StevenPM
Shopify Partner
76 7 8

None at all. It is just a visual effect, so it is optional.

Adde9400
Tourist
19 0 3

Okey, that is good. Any idea why this page transition causes this white screen? I have always had it turned on, but never had issue with this white screen. Maybe that is a question for the theme developer.

StevenPM
Shopify Partner
76 7 8

That is indeed a creative decision by the theme developer. It is good at least that they have provided a means to opt out of it.

If you could mark your post as solved, that would be much appreciated.

Steven

Abid4s
Visitor
1 0 0

Website problem buffering loading mobile view homepage 

https://www.loom.com/share/0a166906ba3248d589e949afe61dec63

ZaFaShi
Visitor
2 0 0

I had the same problem
Page Loads But a White Page appears on top underneath it by sliding down the page is loaded but the white screen takes about 30-60 seconds to go away.
I Turned Off page transitions 
Goto Customize Theme -->Theme Settings-->  Animation --> Uncheck Show Page Transition.
This worked for me.