Why can't I preview my online store on the website?

Eslo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi i have a problem with previewing my store. Whenever i press the little eye button next to webshop i this coming soon page and whenever i try to type in the password i just come back to that page again and when i try to log in it jus says "Due to an unexpected technical problem, Shopify is temporarily unavailable. Please check back in a few minutes – we'll be up and running in no time!" and now that text has been popping up for like three days and i don't know what's going on. Help would be appreciated thanks!

Reply 1 (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1726 199 302

Hi there, @Eslo. Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community with your Preview Situation here. I'm happy to take some time to chat with you to figure out how we can get this resolved.

It's interesting that when clicking the eye to preview things, you're being taken to your Password Page. This leads me to wanting to ask you a few questions about your store so we can pinpoint what the cause may be here: 

• Is your store currently on a free trial?
  • Can you let us know what theme you're using in your store?
  • When you click the eye, does it always take you to the Password page?
  • Are you clicking the eye next to 'online store' in your Admin, or the eye/preview button within your theme editor?
  • If possible, can you outline the specific steps that you're taking to cause this error to appear? Screenshots would be helpful, too, as they'll help anyone who visits this thread better understand your issue. 
  • Did you make any changes to your theme before you noticed that this was happening?
  • Can you share a link to your website with us?

Just to confirm that this isn't a cookies/browser issue, I recommend trying to load your admin using a different browser, and then see if the eye still leads you to this page. If it doesn't, then we know the issue is localized to the internet browser you were using originally. If you give this a try and it works, you'll want to clear the cache/cookies of your original browser, and then try previewing again, and this should resolve things. 

Please, follow up with me when you can with some of the requested information. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog