Why is my Dawn Theme collection page loading slowly?

GWMStore
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Shopifyer,

I'm recently facing my store collection page load quite slow and the Shopify online store score speed did not match the page insight score. I'm quite new to this and hired someone to boost the speed however the score did improve but I'm still loading very slow on my end. Approximately, took 30 secs for loading collection page.

Anyone know what's the issue?
https://gwm-store-official.myshopify.com/collections/g-shock

Replies 4 (4)

MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
695 52 135

Hi @GWMStore 

I am Alex From MS Web Designer (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore ) I helped 1000+ Shopify Store owners to Optimize their website loading speed for both mobile and desktop and increase their conversion rate.

Here are some proven steps that will improve your website speed dramatically for both mobile and desktop.

• Select a light Weight Shopify Theme ( OS 2.0 Compatible
  • Remove all Unwanted Shopify App ( That you have installed, but not using)
  • Minify Javascript, CSS 
  • Reduce the Large Image Size
  • Eliminating the halting problem in Javascript
  • Apply Lazy loading per section wherever required
  • Replace Gifs with the Static Images
  • Resize Products images using Shopify App ( for Bulk )
  • Check Page Speed by Google page Insight and GTmetrix.

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve
If you want a Free complete Website Optimization Audit Report ( All the Actionable steps for your store ), let me know 

If you have any concerns feel free to ask me!

Good Luck!

Regards,
Alex 

banned

Made_by_Lanzi
Shopify Partner
111 10 22

Hi @GWMStore, thank you for visiting the Shopify Forum

Amazing store and collection! There is a big inventory and high quality pictures, that could be an issue, Did you compress pictures in some way before uploading them?

We could also check if there was a technical error at some point of the customization by looking into the code.

Speed is critical for a good customer experience & to get more conversions. It also helps with Google Ranking. If you look at it from the Shopify dashboard you'd want a score at least over 50.Some tips to increase speed without getting into code include:

• Reducing image size (you can use tinypng.com before uploading)
  • not using Page Builders (like Shogun)
  • Deleting unnecessary apps

To make it crazy fast we do need to get into code: to defer and async JS and CSS, remove old app code, minify files, setup lazy loading and more. We offer seven days delivery and unlimited revisions. Clients routinely see 2x to 3x store increase.Please contact us at info@madebylanzi.com to request this service

Hoped it helped

Happy Sales,

~ Lanzi ~

PD: If this answer helped you please accept it

NEED MORE HELP?
Get fast and affordable solutions ~ contact me at info@madebylanzi.com
Get Social! @madebylanzi
Madebylanzi.com- Miami, Florida

kazi
Shopify Partner
570 87 109

Hello @GWMStore  I have checked your store. It has hacky script to boost page speed scores which hides some JS/CSS files from page speed tools. Here is one sample.

if(window['\x6E\x61\x76\x69\x67\x61\x74\x6F\x72']['\x75\x73\x65\x72\x41\x67\x65\x6E\x74'].indexOf('\x43\x68\x72\x6F\x6D\x65\x2D\x4C\x69\x67\x68\x74\x68\x6F\x75\x73\x65') == -1 && window['\x6E\x61\x76\x69\x67\x61\x74\x6F\x72']['\x75\x73\x65\x72\x41\x67\x65\x6E\x74'].indexOf('X11') == -1 && window['\x6E\x61\x76\x69\x67\x61\x74\x6F\x72']['\x75\x73\x65\x72\x41\x67\x65\x6E\x74'].indexOf('\x47\x54\x6D\x65\x74\x72\x69\x78') == -1)

This might be issue for slow loading. If you need help you can contact me. Thanks.

▶️ If you need more help with your Shopify store
Speed Optimization | Theme Customization ? ☎️ WhatsApp ✉️Email Skype: kof.bd

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 965

Hi @GWMStore ,

Here are some proven steps that will improve your website speed dramatically for both mobile and desktop.

- Minify Javascript, CSS
- Limit unnecessary app use
- Reduce the Large Image Size
- Eliminating the halting problem in Javascript
- Apply Lazy loading per section wherever required
- use this app to optimize: SEO:Image Optimizer Page Speed

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any further questions.

banned