I decided to open my first Shopify store last week after watching many youtube videos and learning about dropshipping. It's been a couple of days since I launched my FB ads but I have been hardly having 30 to 40 views per day and my conversion rate is 0%. I don't know if I should stay spending money on the ads, I know it's hasn't been long since I started but I feel the store won't go anywhere because I could start a new Shopify store with a new product instead of spending the money on a store that won't work. What do you advise me to do or change? OR can you tell me if i could keep going? Is there anything wrong with my store? How long should I spend on ads knowing I have just a small budget?
THIS IS MY STORE https://comfywear.store/
First off, congratulations on your first store! I know it can be a mix of emotions of excitement, and frustration when trying to get your new business's initial sales. With that said, the best piece of advice I can offer you is patience. Like Rome, a successful business isn't built overnight, or a week, or even a month. It's going to take time, trial and error, and persistence to build a sustainable brand that brings in consistent sales.
As far as your advertising metrics go, this could be due to a plethora of reasons (your ad, who you're advertising to, where they live, what their interests are, their budget, etc). For that reason, I recommend checking out our Compass tutorial on the 3 key pillars of paid marketing. With this guide, you will learn how to target the right audience. The people that you want to reach. You'll also learn how to put together creative ads. This is all about what your ad actually looks like. Lastly, you'll learn how more about how to work with your budget. Also, set up your paid advertising strategy that compliments your budget. For as little as $5/day you can run ad tests.
Lastly, I'd like to share a blog post here that highlights 27 stores with great store design and break down why they are so effective. This is a great resource to get some inspiration to reconsider some of your own design choices on your home and product page.
I hope some of this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
- Add a call to action button here on the homepage.
- On the homepage, make the product title clickable & redirect it to the product page. Add a call to action button at the end as shown in the below screenshot.
- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar to let customers take an action on it.
- On the homepage, add a review carousel to build trust with other visitors.
- Add a review section on the product page. While clicking on the review rating customer should be taken to the review page or anywhere where reviews are displayed.
- Add web push notifications to reach your customers directly even when they are not in your store. Send them updates about new offers and announcements.
Hope this helps!
To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.
P.S- Free plan available.