@Shopify can you create a collection of apps for social responsibility?

ianherri
Excursionist
13 0 12

Whoever manages the Shopify app store, it would be awesome to see a collection of apps that enable merchants to be socially responsible. I know there are some apps out there that already work in this space, and it would be awesome to see them all grouped together!

Replies 10 (10)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @ianherri

Thanks for reaching out and for this suggestion to have a collection of socially responsible apps listed in our App Store. I have forwarded this to our Apps team. If we move forward with your suggestion we will add this to our changelog or announcements page.

You mentioned acknowledging some apps that already are socially responsible, do you have a list of apps that I could pass along to our team? That would be so helpful for us to keep in mind and understand what you’re looking for specifically.

Thanks and chat soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ianherri
Excursionist
13 0 12

Thanks for the reply @Tira !

Off the top of my head, I think these sorts of apps would fit the bill.

(And also one that I am working on called HeyThanks, but not quite ready to release it yet -- so stay tuned!)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for the quick reply and examples, @ianherri. I have passed these examples to our Apps team for you. 

Looking forward to seeing your app! If you have anymore suggestions or other apps that come up, please feel free to post them here and I'll be happy to forward them to our Apps team.

Cheers, 

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Moving your message outside of the original thread so that more users can see your question and help

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Some loose subcategories: accessibility & languages, charities & donations, environmental & carbon offsets, policy(ies), ethical sourcing

I thought there was a collection for accessibility  & carbon offsets before but I can't find it so must be imagining it /shrug.

Accessibility is no where to be found under store design which is suuuuuuper bad and weird as a standalone issue https://apps.shopify.com/categories/store-design 

Policy is currently used Store management for 'Policy and security measures' in https://apps.shopify.com/categories/store-management

and sourcing https://apps.shopify.com/categories/sourcing-and-selling-products 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

ianherri
Excursionist
13 0 12

@Tira 

Found another one! 

Change Commerce

Ian

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for passing your suggestions along, @ianherri and @PaulNewton. I have forwarded your app suggestions to our apps team. 

@PaulNewton, thanks for bringing that up. While we don't have a dedicated social responsibility category in our App Store, if you do search, "social responsibility" in the App Store, you will find a list of apps that are related to social responsibility

Thanks again for the app suggestions, everyone! Moving forward, if any posts with suggestions are added, they will be given a "Like" to indicate that we've acknowledged them and have forwarded them to our apps team. Your suggestions help us make our App Store  and Shopify better for everyone, so please keep them coming. 

Cheers,

Mairyn
Visitor
1 0 1

Check out the 1:Tree App by TreeEra. This app is free to download, and allows merchants to plant 1 tree for $1 per order! The tree will go towards offsetting the carbon emissions from packaging and shipping.

ianherri
Excursionist
13 0 12

@Tira Just wanted to let you know that our app HeyThanks - Fulfillment Tipping launched yesterday!

Thought it would fit nicely into the Social Responsibility collection if it ever is created.

ianherri
Excursionist
13 0 12

Hey Tira,

Another app that I thought should be included!

Accessibility Assistant

Ian