0 Sales... What am I doing wrong?

RaeGlowBeauty
Tourist
19 0 3

Www.raeglowbeautyco.com 

Hi, I've had some advice here already, which I have implemented. I've had a few add to cart sessions since then, and have sent abandoned cart marketing emails etc, but still not 1 sale.

Please, is there something wrong with my site? Product pages, checkout etc? I want to make it as professional and trustworthy as possible.

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1049 142 342

Hey @RaeGlowBeauty,

I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

First, your banner. 

raeglow-home.png

That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". You have the right format, it's just the text. Try to avoid generic phrases and using your store name alone, instead speak specifically to the customer - what problem do you solve for them? What transformation do you offer? Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

There are a few things I noticed on your homepage such as spacing issues and blurry photos. I'd recommend giving this video a watch in order to set your homepage up for conversions:

Two major things I noticed however have to do with your shipping and products.

With shipping, you offer shipping to a limited number of places. This is fine, you will just need to make sure (if you are running ads) to target properly. If not, you will have people coming in from areas that you don't ship to and it's wont be evident to them until they get to checkout and unfortunately will force them to abandon cart.

rae-shipping.png

The other thing is your products. Things like the roller or the facial cleansing brush, these items are widely available both online and offline. When a person is searching in Google for these types of items, large companies with massive marketing budgets (ie. Amazon) is who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. We recommend selling winning or trending products. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
RaeGlowBeauty
Tourist
19 0 3

Hey, thanks for your Input... So what you're basically saying is that my store - based on products I've lived, researched and advertised and used collaborations for- is no good and I now have to completely change my product list and use different products?

I am advertising only to the countries I shop to. They're in my targeted audience.

The main banner photo is a professional one? So which other am I supposed to use? This is all very deflating. I'm taking it constructively of course, but part of me is feeling prrety rubbish that basically my whole brand is the issue 🤷‍ Kind of why I started it was because of these products so then what's the point in continuing? 

0 Likes

The biggest thing that stands out when looking at your site is that the pictures are fuzzy and the quality is inconsistent between products. The Rose Quartz Roller and Laser Hair Removal handset look professionally shot, while others look like cellphone photos. There's also one product shown with it's box that wrinkled. For the banner image make sure you're using the proper photo resolution so it shows up well on both mobile and desktop.

The other red flag is that every product is rated 5 stars, I would expect with multiple products and 140+ reviews for at least one of them to be below a 5 average.

“A big business starts small.”
-Richard Branson
0 Likes
RaeGlowBeauty
Tourist
19 0 3

Have seen to this and hopefully it's better now. I'm very happy with the result, so thank you for this feedback. 

0 Likes