FROM CACHE - en_header

3 months in and still no sales. Please critique my store!

thedirtyseahors
2 0 0

please check out my eco friendly apparel store www.thedirtyseahorse.com and tell me what you think. I would greatly appreciate it

Replies 8 (8)
fromruby
2 0 1

Overall, your website navigation was easy to follow. I like the collections on the main page. 

I would consider adding the following:

Diversity to your models, I noticed that you did not include any models of color.  This could help with your marketing. 

Who is your targeted demographic? 

Just my two cents...

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
742 68 264

Hi

Your store is looking good. I went through your store and here are few tips which you can work on it.

Firstly, Your Hero banner is really Nice and Home page is also good.

There are no reviews on your products. I suggest you to add customer reviews on your products.

There are few collections on home page which is good but try to add product image with CTA(Shop Now) ,As current pattern (including size, add to card, buy options) looking bit odder on home page.

I suggest you to add a nice background theme in product pages which looks attractive and grab the customer attention.

If you have any hand made products in your store Consider to sell on Etsy platform. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .

Thanks

ShopList 

Thanks,
Waytoapps
thedirtyseahors
2 0 0

Thank you for your critique I appreciate the advice!

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1389 196 877

Hi @thedirtyseahors,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. Congrats on your store. You must spend many time on it. 

I just took a look and checked your store and want to give you some comments. I hope this will help!

Firstly, you should check the page speed to see it runs fast or slow. You can use this tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ Please check result of your page and improve it.

You can also refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store.

- The banner

The Dirty Seahorse - Eco-Friendly Clothing Made From Recycled Plastic 2021-01-04 10-06-57.png

Add hover state to CTA button to show it clickable and you should change the button above to "Shop Now" to make it similar to the other buttons.

- The collection list

The Dirty Seahorse - Eco-Friendly Clothing Made From Recycled Plastic 2021-01-04 10-10-03.png

I think you should let the collection name visible. Many customers will not know that they can see collection name when they hover on images. It also make me confused a bit. Putting collection name visible helps customer have an overview of which kind of product you are having.

- Feature Collection section

The Dirty Seahorse - Eco-Friendly Clothing Made From Recycled Plastic 2021-01-04 10-23-41.png

+ You named this section "Feature collection" but you show products so it's quite hard to understand.

+ Similar to collection list section above, you should let the product name and product price visible.

+ Change the size of product images. I cannot see your products clearly because they are cut off.

- Add testimonials/ reviews

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store.  know you have a page to show review and you linked it on menu navigation. But I think you should put it right on your home page to gain more customers' attention.

You can check this guide to know more its benefit and how to make it effective. 

You can consider using a Shopify app builder to do more customization to your page. This is the app I'm working on - PageFly. This app helps you easily customize your any Shopify page and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, you can like or mark it as a solution. Have a great day!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

HughesMenswear
Excursionist
86 0 5

Hola Dirty Sea Horse Peeps. Cool Logo.

Ok first things first.

$35 for a Plain Pocket Tee and $40 for a Plain Polo, oh my that seems like a hard sell.

I'm assuming you have at least a sample of all of your products. consider taking your product images in a different location and in multiple angles (Full Body, Close Up, Back, Close Fabric Shot). You are branding as an ocean creature but all your product shots are in a park environment. Personally I would try and find a more subdue backdrop and let the garment stand out more. (I see on your 'shop' nav hover you have isolated product images.. can you do all of your images like this?)

There appears to be no size guide detailing your particular sizing. This is a fairly vital part of consumer confidence when buying.

There is a bit of design confusion here.. You have the minimalist product titles and collection titles on the home page and collection pages but you have these great big ADD TO CART and PAYPAL buttons repeated over and over. These are very rarely used buttons even when used well. Like this its just pointless clutter. I would remove these completely and have your titles displayed without hover. 

You need to resize your product thumbnails. It's not acceptable for them to be model face shots instead of actual product shots.  

As you have a small range I would recommend pulling all your products into individual listings. As in.. individual colours of each style have their own page. 

Also, I'm selling a guide to help you make millions... Lol I joke.. I'm not trying to sell anything hahaha.

Regards,

Reece

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @thedirtyseahors, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

- On the homepage, name the product below the image. Below one product, the color option is first & then size, and in another product it's different. It should be the same. Make everything aligned on every page. The product should be fully shown in the image. 

Screenshot (73).png

- After collections, add a section of trending/ new/ recently viewed products. Recommend products to your customers by personalizing the shopping experience. To add this you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Add reviews on the homepage.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.

- Add discount popup to entice customers.

- Add a chatbot- Chatbots in your business save time. For instance, when used on your website they can provide fast, automated answers to most questions. This will engage your customers and prevent customers from waiting for a day or longer to receive responses as they would have in the past.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
mufeedAZIZ
Excursionist
35 5 10

In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.

Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.

1. Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely.
  2. Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase.

Adding product stickers and trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

Thank you,
Mufeed Aziz
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @thedirtyseahors, I hope you are doing well! Have you worked on the changes? Do you need any other help? I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.