3 months, no sales!

malachirdesigns
1 0 0

I started malachirdesigns.com 3 months ago, and I get decent traffic from FB, IG. However, no one buys anything and I'm getting discouraged. I have sales, discounts, free shipping, etc. I have used paid ads, organic traffic etc. No issues with broken links, store health looks good. I still have not been able to get any sales, can someone advise me on how to improve the store and marketing? Thanks, would greatly appreciate it!

Replies 5 (5)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2491 341 1665

Hi @malachirdesigns,

It's PageFly - Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

We did take a deep look into your web design. I like that you have:

• Visible Call To Action above the fold
  • Obvious search field on homepage
  • Legible typography

For the design improvements, I would recommend a few things below:

HOMEPAGE

01. Have a sticky header

Sticky headers allow customers to easily access menu navigation regardless if they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also use the sticky header to quickly reach the product search area.

PageFly_0-1650537159559.png

02. Have Call to Action button

Have a clear Call to Action button can help with the conversion rate of your store.

PageFly_1-1650537159810.png

03. Have a secondary hover image

Users need as much visual information about products in the product list as possible, and presenting simply a single static image is a missed opportunity to convey more visual details.

04. Have a separate section for Company mission

The footer should be used to display information about Shipping info or Return policy, etc. The company’s mission should be put in a separated section to increase the visibility and display as a whole.

PageFly_2-1650537159774.png

PRODUCT PAGE

01. Have unique an prominent Add to Cart button

Right now, the Add to Cart button for your product page is not highly visible nor easily accessible for site visitors. They will have to scroll quite further down the page to access it, and this could make the purchase more difficult. You can consider using a sticky Add to Cart button

PageFly_3-1650537159609.png

02. Display product reviews

On all desktop and mobile sites, a minimum of 6 reviews should be loaded by default. On a desktop, load no more than 15 reviews by default, and no more than 10 on a mobile device. You can also add additional reviews to the same page by clicking the "Load More" button (not pagination).

You can check out this guide for more suggestions on how to improve your website: Website Personalization, or have a look at this blog about How to Increase Sales on Shopify: 15+ Expert-Backed Tips to Try.

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Happy selling!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1415 145 258

Hi, @malachirdesigns

Congratulations on getting your store launched and for putting all the hard work into it that you have so far.

My first bit of feedback starts with a question: what is your value proposition?

At the moment, you appear to sell everything. Men's clothes, women's clothes, stationery, hats, home decor, mugs, and water bottles - it is expansive and not very specific.

Your product line needs to be more niche so that you can answer the question I first put to you: what is your value proposition? What is it specifically that you can do that no one else can?

I actually discuss how to find your brand purpose in another forum post using "Zag" by Marty Neumeier as an example. Once you know this, you should know who it is you're trying to sell to. You should have such a clear picture in your head of your customers that you can create customer avatars.

And then you can tailor your site to speak to the very people you want to be your customers. You can consider whether the color of your site is what they want to see, whether the information architecture of your site is what helps your customer find what they need easily, and whether your brand's content is what your target customers want to see/read/hear.

I hope this helps!

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

flareAI
Shopify Partner
707 61 198

Hello @malachirdesigns,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add sections like 'New Arrivals', 'Featured Collection', 'Hot Sellers' to help customers keep updated on new products and give exposure to new collections.
2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
4. A FAQ would be useful!
5. Use the same font for the whole website. 
6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
9. Add average ratings for each product
Including both user rating and number of ratings on the products will help users to make decision whether to buy your product or not.
10. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
11. Add Blogging in the store
Blogging is an amazing way to drive traffic to your website and increase your SEO. The more your blog, the more content the search engines have to crawl and index. This means they can easily recognize that your site is a resource of information for people to access.

Is Ads & SEO Failing? Up to 40% of paid ads are clicked by competitor bots and also SEO takes more time & money. Customers trust Google Search more than Ads. flareAI, The automated cure for your wasted Paid Ads & SEO spend, helps you to get sales from the best FREE sales channels like Google Search. flareAI works every day for you, tapping into the world's largest free sales channels. Let flareAI help you to grow your revenue on the world's best free sales channels. flareAI will help to scale your site sustainably at NO Agency fees, NO Pay-per-click, NO paid marketplaces. With flareAI, your site can access the world's dominant Free eCommerce services in one Shopify App.

Hope this was helpful,

Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
428 36 81

Hi @malachirdesigns 

Please go through this complete SEO tutorial it will help you to boost up traffic with higher conversion

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Upwork
akcromm
Pathfinder
138 4 15

Hey @malachirdesigns , I am listing down some of the few areas you should target to get more user engagement, traffic, and conversions:

1- Add Social proof to the store. We rely on other people’s opinions or actions to decide on our own and hence it is essential for you like a lot of other successful stores online. Reviews, testimonials, endorsements, etc are a must-have. 

------>Add review carousel/testimonial/endorsement on the homepage.

------>Add a review section on the product page

2- Add sections for bestsellers, top categories etc so customers are kept updated on the best products.

3- Take help of Automation - Increase engagement through real-time offers, promotions, and discounts on your products. Stay prepared for sales season by scheduling offers on your store with apps like ModeMagic.

4- Add a little more to your "About Us" section - these sections are important as they lead to customer trust and loyalty. It helps users appreciate the values and vision of the business which can be nicely explained in this area of your store.

For paid marketing, I can't share anything specific that can be done on the ads due to less data. You would need to focus more on engaged audience segments(hot audiences) to increase conversions apart from the essential store updates to increase engagement.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks

Growth Hacker and CRO enthusiast!!